Chapter 30

"You would like to invest in my business...?"

The name of the person who sent the investment letter to the Duke was Ian Camero.

The same person who was in front of me right now. The man with an unsophisticated face, not like a businessman, was puzzled as he could not believe the fact that there would be an investor interested in his business.

I frowned.

'I do not think he is a scammer.'

It would have been better if he was a swindler. There will be nothing better than that if you take away their investment from such people.

But, this man was not a swindler, and he would inflict any losses on the Duke's house, if any, insignificant.

'Well, maybe that's a good thing.'

I needed someone who could teach me the basics of investing and establish a relationship with other investment destinations.

So, a foolish and naive businessman who sent a business proposal, such as the import of tulips, to the Duke's house seemed like a suitable match.

"Yes."

Saying so, I nodded.

"I accidentally read Mr. Camero's proposal by chance, and it was very interesting. Despite the high risk, we decided it was worth the investment."

"However, the investment the Young Lady is making is for the Duke of Brudenell..."

I hardened my face.

Apparently, Ian Camero could not give up hope that the Duke was interested in his business.

'Well, good thing I brought it.'

With that thought, I smiled and took out the documents from the bag, and handed it to Ian.

"Can you recognize this?"

"....!"

Ian's eyes widened as he mumbled his words.

"This was what I sent-"

"That is right."

Answering him, I nodded my head and continued. "Look at what is written on the second page."

At my urging, Ian hurriedly flipped through the first page, then froze.

I knew what he saw.

Swindler.

It was a word written in Duke Brudenell's characteristic style.

"Now, do you know what the Duke thinks of Mr. Camero?"

"...But, why is the Young Lady-"

"Why am I investing with you?"

Saying that, I licked my lips and added my words, "That is because I have a different opinion than the Duke."

"Still, Young Lady must have enough funds to invest in me..."

"Oh, I guess you have not heard the rumors."

I sip the tea gracefully. It seemed that the efforts of the past were not in vain, and now, I can walk gracefully or drink tea if I want to.

Of course, speaking gracefully was a completely different area.

"The Duke and the Duchess entrusted me with the keys to the safe of the Duke of Brudenell."

"....!"

Camero's eyes immediately widened.

I enjoyed his reaction.

Ian Camero looked at my complexion for a moment, thinking it was a joke, then he staggered in disbelief.