Chapter 58

Chapter 58

Finding Gabriel was easy. Although he was rejected by me, he continued to wander around the Empress' Palace, and he tried to convince me whenever he had time.

"Good thinking, Eve."

Even seeing him overjoyed, my heart did not lighten at all. The good news was that Gabriel still wanted to help me get out, though his motives were never pure.

"Are you going to the Kingdom of Bynell?"

At my words, Gabriel nodded his head and replied, "It would be the safest place for you. Of course, it is the same for me as well."

Also...

'I am going to run away in the middle.'

If I went to the Bynell Kingdom, it would be obvious that I would be used for propaganda purposes or a hostage to use Cassius.

Either way, it would not be very pleasant.

"I see."

"Just trust me."

Gabriel smiled broadly. A smile spread across his handsome face.

"I'll make sure you don't get a drop of water on your hand."

"...."

"Evelyn?"

I ignored him and fell in thought. Even though Cassius was Cassius, Gabriel was no ordinary man. When I saw him moving in and out of the Empress' Palace freely as if it was his own courtyard, I realized something...

...Could I escape from such a person?

"...What if I don't want to go to the Bynell Kingdom?"

"Oh, do you want to stay in the Empire?"

Immediately, Gabriel asked back with a surprised face.

"It doesn't have to be the Kingdom of Bynell. It's too close and there are frequent conflicts... I want to get as far away from the Empire as possible."

"I understand how Eve feels, but first, we have to go through the Bynell Kingdom."

Gabriel's voice softened as he added his words.

"All of me is there. If I'm leaving with you, I need to prepare."

"Are you going to follow me wherever I go?"

My voice trembled on its own. His words, which seemed to have no desire to hide his intentions, hardened my feelings. Then, he answered in a voice that seemed to be puzzled by my question.

"I told you, I love you."

"What if I ask you to leave?"

"I'll leave."

Gabriel answered without hesitation, and he continued his speech without any delay, "I know what you are worried about. However, I am not Cassius Brudenell. For me, Eve's happiness comes first."

"...."

I could not think of any words to answer. Although I was not an idiot to believe this man's words straight away, my heart was weak enough to want me to believe it.

"I've got a favor to ask of Gabriel."

"Anything."

"If I want to be alone in the Empire, in the Kingdom, or anywhere else, please leave me alone."

"Is it just that?"

"Yes."

When I nodded, Gabriel's gasp was heard.