1

Vera was a unique girl, she didn't like people or sharing or talking. She didn't like meeting new people or hanging around people she barely knew.

What she did love was her family, well most of her family. She loved eva and Lucy, she loved her little brother emiliano. She loved her mama and she loved her sister dayanara, she hasn't seen daya in about 5 years.

She left after mama got sent to jail, she couldn't handle being the soul carer, and cesar -mamas boyfriend- was being a straight up creep all the time. So she upped and left.

Vera was a wreck, daya was her bestfriend. After she left cesars focus was on her, she felt weird. He ended up getting bored of Vera after she wouldn't give in.

About a year ofter daya left Vera turned 18 and was kicked out, leaving her little siblings to cesars care.

Vera was poor and hungry, roaming the street looking for her next meal when she met a man. Juan, was tall and strong, he had tattoos littering his neck and arms. Vera couldn't make out someone of them but then again they were very hard to see against his dark skin.

He was nice at first, he offered her shelter at a small apartment he owned. He brought her gifts and clothes. He was sweet and living, he would shower her in compliment, make her food and wash her back.

Then he started bring his buddies around, they would make jokes about her figure and curves, brush past her and touch her ass then laugh as if it was funny.

Vera would talk to Juan about this, that it would make her uncomfortable, he would scoff and role his eyes. Brushing her off as if she was dirt on the bottom of his shoe.

She would wear more clothes when they visited, as if that would help but it didn't. Juan noticed this and would always start an argument after they left.

"You think my friends would want you, you're nothing but a poor bitch who's leaching off me for money" or "I should've left you ass on the curb where you belong"

Until one Thursday night, Jauns friends has just left and it was a beginning of another argument.

Vera was standing at the kitchen bench washing the dishes. "Why can't you be normal, my friends don't want to see you in a hoody, they want to see some skin" Juan would say slamming his hand on the dry wall.

"I'm sorry okay I just feel uncomfortable, they stare and it just feels weird"

"You think my friends are some sort of rapist huh, is that what you're saying" he was getting aggravated now, he was getting closer. Vera felt the his hot breath on her neck.

"No that's not what I'm saying"

"You know what, maybe you should get raped. Maybe it'll teach you not to be such a prude" Jaun said grabbing Vera's waist and pushing her hips into the counter sink.

Vera panicked and grabbed the first thing she saw. Which happened to be a 5 inch knife. She gripped it in her hand under the water.

"Jaun stop"

Jaun just laughed and tried to pull down her track suit pants.
Vera tried to get out of his grasp.

Her head turned and she could smell the alcohol on his breath.

Jauns hand reach from Vera's hip and around her neck gripping her throat hard.

Vera turned and plunged it into his stomach.