37

as i was heading out of the kitchen to get back to my meal, Mami yanked my arm and pulled me into a secluded part of the kitchen. Bennett and Daya were waiting there for us.

"shes not keeping my baby. its living with yessica and manny with Mateo it's actual blood relation" daya said throwing her hands up in frustration as she paced back and forth.

"whats happening?" i asked wanting to be caught up with the situation change.

"Mami met with pornstaches mother and apparently she wants to adopt the baby" daya explained, my face drops.

"no fucking way. aint no way my niece or nephew is going to live with that creeps mother" i said looking to bennett to see his face, he was staying quiet.

"okay but listen she made some real good points" mami said holding dayas hands trying to holt her from burning a whole in the ground.

"but i-" bennett started but mami cut him off with a harsh 'shhh'

so thats why hes staying quiet.

"daya, you've got 37 months left on your sentence, he cant do nothing or hell go to jail too. what if manny and yessica cant take this baby in too" she reasons with her eldest daughter.

"i mean it is good to have a back up plan day" i said walking past the baby daddy and put my hand on her shoulder, she looked past us to bennett.

"your not actually considering this are you?" he asked in a loud voice, i looked at him and pushed him back as he got to close to daya for my liking.

"arent you?"  daya asked shrugging.

"im not letting my child grow up with the same woman who raised a drug dealing rapist" he groaned stepping back.

"have you ever fed a baby, changed a diaper, stayed up on nights on end trying to get a baby to go to sleep. worried sick about your child when they are in a park or even babysat?" i say watching his face softened and he shook his head "this baby could grow up in his own bedroom, private school and a happy childhood, if plan A falls through its good to have a plan B" daya sighed and nodded at mamis words.

===

i went to black bathrooms to use the bathroom because the spanish harlem ones where infested.

i walked in to see alex walk into a stall and piper arguing with maxwell in front of the door.

"hey maxwell, need a break?" i say untying my hair and putting a cigarettes' i hid in the pony tail. she walked away from the door and took it out of my hand, pocketting it and left.

"thanks" piper muttered, i sneered at her "i didnt do it for you liar" placing my stuff on the counter and started redoing my hair.

i heard piper talk to alex through the door. "how am i back here piper" she sobbed, i see the guilty face of piper through the mirror, she bit her lip and said "alex its not your fault" 

i wonder whos fault it is then, maybe a little white girl who just wanted her hot arm candy back in reach?

i went to the bathroom and then left, a gloating smile covered my smile.

===

today i was stuck on serve, the worst part of this was that we couldn't scratch out rashes.

"so you and vause huh?" maria said nudging her body to my, i smirked and scoffed "nah, shes hot but im only doing it to get under the liars skin" maria laughed throwing her head back, i looked to her. hearing her laugh recently has been rare seeing as her baby daddy said she cant see her baby anymore.

my smile widens as i look to her "only you would pull this shit" she said handing the tray to the next person in the line.

"good to know" nicky says walking in front of me, i was too engrossed in my thoughts to even see her in the line.

"hey mommy" i say putting a pudding cup on her tray, in the corner of my eye i saw marias head whip in my direction her eyes wide and her lips concealing a bark of laughter  "hey vera" she grins, her usual black smudged eyes wrinkled.

the line went on and she soon left to go sit down. "mommy?" maria giggled as my elbow rammed straight into her ribs,

===

the mattresses had to get burnt so now everyone was sleeping on the metal cots, people trying to make them more comfty by putting rolls of toilets paper or pads down. i was fine sleeping on hard surfaces because my nights on the streets.

sleeping came easy  and but the next morning Gloria told us she didnt need us girls till dinner so we spent the entire day soaking in the sun talking about dayas wedding.

yes bennett popped the question

we had gotten our normal uniforms back which i was glad about because i was getting tired of the staring.

we sat sitting against a brick wall with our over shirts underneath us.

"what even thinks she wants you there" maria said meanly, this morning yadiel dodged her call. she had been trying him all week.

"what do you mean, were her family of course she wants us there" maritza whined at the comment. i was very tired because last night i kept waking up with night mares of that puta.

i rested my head on dayas shoulders and listened to the girls bicker.

"you think your gonna get married vera?" flaca nudged my shoulder, my eyes blink open "huh" i say not properly hearing what she said. "do you wanna get married when your out in..." flaca said trailing off because she didnt know when i was getting out "11 years" i said.

"oh shit, hey maybe you could get yourself one of those lonely fucks whos rich and wants to like help hot girls in prison's?" she offered causing me to giggle "yeah sure, my profile would say, hot latina girl stuck in prison help her get her rocks off?" maritza snorted and flaca pushed my shoulder making me knock daya over. we looked over to her as she tried to get up but she couldnt because of her belly. we started laughing as she looked like a turtle flipped on its back.