22

today was no different from the rest, wake up, make breakfast, serve breakfast, talk shit. except i had a little piece of mind that piper was checking in on my mr sweetface.

flaca was bitching about how pornstache was being extra rapey today as we were making breakfast, the conversation was mainly being held by maritza and her but it stopped when the old ladies of the prison walked in.

"woah, are you guys lost. we aint ready for breakfast yet, but today we have cream of wheat, yay old people food" she said in an over exaggerated voice like she was speaking to the retarded. i snorted at her tone and she looked back at me.

"didnt your mother teach you manners" frieda said. ive seen freida around the facility, she was funny and whitty. you could tell she could lie to save her ass anyday.

"why you old people always so cranky" maria said walking away from the pot on the stove.

"yeah are you here to teach us morality lessons and shit" maritza said leaving me behind and standing with them, i joined them feeling left out.

"were here to collect what belongs to red" one of the oldies said, i knew where gloria was hiding them, she told me to tell her if caputo came sniffing around or anyone for that matter.

"we dont know nothing about that shit" i said looking each elder in the eye, they exchanged a look before pulling out their shivs and holding it to the girls throats.

i hid behind maria and snuck to the bench to get a knife, one of them big butcher ones.

"arent you cute" i hear frieda say.

"back the fuck off" i say walking around them, the three oldies were on maria, maritza nd flaca and had no one to cover me, so i held the knife to the one who had maritza since she was the closest.

"calm down sweetheart dont want to hurt yourself with knives" the old girl furthest from me who was on maria said

"please, she probably got herself caught up with her boyfriends drug game" frieda said underestimating me 

"i killed my fucking abuser, i know what im fucking doing with knives 'sweetheart'" i say pressing it closer to the woman's throat to the point it drew blood, it trickled down her slowly.

"now back the fuck off" i growl, frieda lowered her shiv and signaled for her friends to do the same, i lowered mine and the walked out.

"fucking old cunts" maria said breathing heavily, they all looked at me and knew what was going through their mind.

no one except the COs knew what i did to get stuck in this shit hole.

putting down the knife i look to them again "say a fucking word about what you heard and yall dead to me" i say calmly. flaca gulped and the rest nodded.

we went back to cooking though the girls were a bit shaken up.

===

i was walking down the hall to go to commisary when i spot nicky "nicky hey" i say getting her attention, she looks at me a smiles walking away from who ever she was talking to.

"vera, i was actually looking for you." she says once i finally reach her, i was confused but also very interested.

"oh and what would that be for?" i say leaning against the wall.

" well red was talking to me earlier and she wanted me to ask you to come to the green house tonight at dinner time" she spoke, my eyebrow perked and a smile reached my face.

"do you have any idea what its about, my sisters nearly got shived by her lap dogs earlier" i laugh, her face dropped "what" i snort even harder "dont worry nick, its fine" i say putting my hand on her arm, she looked at it then smirked.

"well i see you later vera" she said before continuing her walk down the corridor.

i go to commissary, seeing vee in the caged in area.

"hello vee" i greet, i knew vee was bringing in drugs and honestly i didnt want to get caught up in that shit. 

"hey vera" she says looking at me through the greated frames.

"so i was wanting to talk to you" i pause making my voice level a whisper "im out, i aint getting into the drug shit" she nods before saying "i respect that" 

"also, can i get some red lipstick, 4 bags of cheetos, 2 eyeliner pens, some eyeshadow any colour would do and a shit load if chocolate please, oh and some deodorant and mascara" i say and watch as vee checked of things before handing the items to me in a little basket.

i take the things back to my bunk.

i got the cheetos for daya since they were her pregnancy cravings, the red lipstick for red as a thank you for being so kind, she slipped me some face masks as i walked past earlier this week.  and i feel sorta bad for maria, flaca and maritza for the scare they had this morning so i got flaca and maritza some eyeliner and the mascara for maria since she doesnt wear much makeup.