23

"abuela im not going to be here for hand out tonight, ive got something with red sorry" i say walking out, she gives me a thumbs up.

nicky was waiting for me with a bunch of other people who i havent really met.

nicky and i talked all the way to the green house.

"please sit, i thought we could enjoy a family dinner" red words shocked, i wasn't their family these people have known each other for ages and i was an intruder.

"id also like to welcome our new comer, everybody if you haven't met her yet this is vera" red says putting her hands on my shoulder, everybody was looking at me.

"sit, sit" she says, i took a spot between nicky and red, red of course was sitting rightfully at the head of the table.

"you made this" yoga joan said taking of her coat.

"how the fuck you do this without a kitchen?" boo says and i laugh.

"im a good improviser" red says as the ladies from earlier started handing out everyone's portion.

"hey red, i got you something" i spoke as i gave her the red lipstick. she smiled and hugged me 

" spasibo milaya devochka" she said she pulled away and sat - thank you sweet girl-

"smells wonderful red" i say getting a whiff of the aroma of the food.

"doesn't mean it taste good" some girls said with burns all up her neck, her comment was dismissed

"hey red, you gotta let us know in on the secret" boo said sitting on the opposite of red.

"youre my family, all of you are very important to me" she says

she then made a speech about each and everyone of the girls at the makeshift table, apologising to each.

"and you, you are the only one who speaks russian, im glad to be welcoming you into our family" she says to me, i would be lying if i said my eyes didnt get foggy filled with tear.

===

as i was walking into my dorm, it was 30 to lights out and all the girls were talking and sitting in mamis, dayas and i dorm area.

"so anyways, i said to him. if you want any of this latina goodness you gotta take me on a date first" maritza said and the girls laugh. i walk in and sit between my sister and blanca.

"how was the dinner with your 'new family'" mami said all bitter, i rolled my eyes and laughed. 

"it was nice, red is a good cook" i say seeing glorias reaction "not better then you abuela" i laugh "cute, but flattery isnt gonna win me back" she joked putting her hand on her hand.

"how bout chocolate?" i say digging something from under my pillow and throw it at her, she smirked and winked.

"hey what about us, for your FAVOURITE family" flaca whined, snorting i pull out the presents i got them.

"to my sisters, i got you two eyeliner" i say handing them the makeup then i turned to daya "and you i got ya cheetos" throwing the food at her she groans in happiness. "have i told you how much i love you" she laughs but i see maritza and flacas faces all soft "you think of us as sister?" maritza says and i nod "yeah of course" they aw and hug me

"for you mami i got ya eyeshadow" handing it to her she said "and these are my colours to me conoces tan bien" mami gushed and the group laughed.

"LIGHTS OUT INMATES, GET TO YOUR BUNKS. NOW!"  the CO yells and we all jump from the sudden sound.

the girls leave and i get into bed.

"love you bonita" mami says kissing my head like she used to do when i was a kid.

 the lights switch off and comfortable silence filled the dorm.

STUCKOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara