39

today gloria told me to chill in her office, what for? i dont know but imma sit here for whatever reason because i dont want to be stuck on make again.

"yo bonita" gloria said walking into the office as i was playing with her sticky notes.

"yes, abuela" i turned in her chair, she gave me a quick smile before looking at all the sticky notes ive wasted and turned into hearts by folding a certain way.

"aye" she scolded, smacking me up the head as i laughed "to be fair these are for you" i shrugged and leaned back into the chair.

"anyway, whats going on with daya" she said pressing her back up against the wall "bennett left, didnt say a word just dipped" i spoke lowly looking over at her in the tray line, slamming food on peoples trays.

"oh, poor girl" gloria tusked, i nodded in agreement. 

===

i was walking past visitation room but stop when i see gloria talking sternly to her son.

"oh you think you hot shit now, no you're dead wrong. every week you'll come here with your homework. and if you dont come ill get my brothers in washington to drag you here by your ears kicking and screaming" he sat there listening, stifling a laugh at the end. gloria looks up and sees me, she nods me over.

"benito, id like you to meet vera" i cross my arms and stand behind her back, nodding to the older woman at the table.

"vera, meet my delinquent son, hes terrorizing lourdes here" gloria said turning to face me, she has this look in her eye that tells me to scare the crap out of this kid.

"vera, why dont you tell benny here what you got done for huh?" i smirk and sat in the spare seat, leaning over and resting my elbows on my knees.

"murder" i say in a whisper, still loud enough for ben to hear. she raised an eyebrow and i got the message.

"yeah, me and my gang. killed this vato who wasnt being respectful to his mother. saw him treating her like shit" i pause, raising my hand that now had the gesture of a gun. making him wait in a second "bang!" he jumped and sweat formed on his brow.

"thank you vera" gloria said to me as i stood and walked out of the room.

===

gloria found me later as i sat in the library.

"aye thank you bonita, you a life saver" she laughed as she sat down next to me.

"just hope he treats lourdes right, she seems sweet" i say putting my finger in the book to keep my place. "yeah, he wont be acting up no more, told him your 'gang' would keep an eye on him" she laughed, i snorted "you know i dont actually have a gang right glor'" she nodded and smirked "he dont know that".