33

flaca, maritza and i were all in in the dorms getting ready for the fair and we just kept on talking about how we were gonna see our bebes.

earlier today before breakfast i went to commissary and got gloria and mami a present. i got mami a little bag of chocolate and for gloria i got her a picture of her kids, even her girls.

it was a bit of trouble but i managed to pull some strings from the outside world, manny got the pictures a couple days ago and mailed them in. 

gloria would always talk about how she misses all her kids and i really wanted to do something nice for her because shes looked out for me.

"how do you think glorias gonna react to the pictures" maritza asked looking at them, i looked at her and frowned "i hope she likes it but i guess well see" i shrugged.

"its really nice that you got her something" flaca said sitting down on her bed, we were in her and Maritza's bunk.

"i mean yeah of course i would get her something, shes been a second mother for me since being in here" i say laying on Maritza's lap.

the three of us has gotten super close, maria and i have a different bond then the girls and i do. marias and i's bond is more bestfriend kinda way and the girls is more sisterly.

===

going to the kitchen before the kids got here was a bit of a struggle because there was excited mothers running around everywhere.

"hey gloria, i got you a present" i sing loudly walking into the kitchen. she spun around and smiled at me. i skipped to her and presented her with the pictures.

she gasped looking from my face to the pictures a couple of times. she blinked rapidly taking the pictures in her hands.

"you didnt" she said in disbelief, the tears falling down her aged face.

"i did" i whispered, her strong arms wrapped around me, she was shaking.

"oh my god, thank you bonita" she repeated, her tears drenching my shoulder but i didnt mind.

"hey its okay" i said rubbing her back, she pulled away smiling at me.

"seriously thank you vera this means so much" holding the pictures to her chest, her heart. 

she looked at the photos one more time before tucking them in her bra, wiping her tears with her sleeves and going back to work. a cheshire smile present on her face.

i went to go find mami, she was on serve so i yanked her way and gave her the chocolate "hey see this is why you're my favourite kid" she kissed my cheek and gave me something. it was a picture of daya holding me in the hospital bed. she looked little over five and i was red with white stuff all on my head. mami was sitting on the hospital bed with dayanara between her legs. she looked exhausted, i laughed "you looked so tired" she snorted before speaking in her rasped voice "yeah you were one hell of a baby to push out".

===

the kids had just arrived and it was pure chaos. i thrived in chaos honestly.

manny dropped mateo off and cesar dropped off my siblings. i gave them all a big kiss and i cuddle.

"vera whos the baby?" christina asked walking next to me, i was bringing them to the yard where the rest of the family was waiting.

"uh hes mine" i smile, i hadnt seen the kids in ages i left pretty soon after daya did so they didnt know about him.

"wait so im a tia?" eva asked, she was scratching her head, i looked down and nodded "yeah youre a tia, and emani youre and tio" i said. i was a couple years older than christina and the rest of the kids were younger so they might not grasp the idea of tia and tio but Christina did.