41

gloria and i were hiding out by the loading docks sharing a smoke between the two of us. she had found my stash the other day and since then her and i had made a deal, i dont have to do washing duty if she can a cigarette.

daya walked down the stairs and gave gloria a pleading look. 

"can i have one of those?" she asked, i rolled my eyes and said "get the fuck out of here" when i was pregnant i didnt smoke and i wouldnt even let jaun near me when he was smoking.

gloria and i had been sitting in silence the entire time, i could tell she was having a tough day, she scoffed at dayas comment "what the hell with all of you" she said looking up at daya who was now standing infront of us 

"i swear to god, if you were my kids.... if you were my kid you would still be fucked up" she said in a low grumble. she looked like she was on the verge of tears, so i wrapped my hand over hers and gave her a comforting squeeze.

daya bounced on her legs, and patted her hands together. "please" her breaking voice made me look up from glorias hand "i need something" she whimpered, i hated seeing the people i love in despair. it killed me

"you okay?" gloria said. i took this as my moment to leave because i had a feeling that they would be able to comfort each other better than i could. i took one last draw then got up of the crate we were sitting on.

walking past daya i gave her a kiss on the cheek and hurried back inside.

i went to the library thinking i would find poussay, which i did.

"poussay! my favourite lady" i say sitting next to her on the chair, she cracked a smile and faked a gasp "me?!" she played the part of a blushing bride.

"what are you listening too" i giggled pointing to her radio and headphones, she smirked and handed me the spare bud, i placed it in my ear and we sat listening to the music. it turned out to be this really beautiful song, the melody just made you feel safe. which isnt something you occur in prison so i soaked it up as much as i could.