26

mateo had gotten better and yessica had managed to bring him down for a visit.

mami and i were waiting for them to come through, daya wasnt here because she had to do something with mrs fig and caputo.

i could hear maria from across the room scolding her baby daddy about some bank issue.

"madre" i hear my little sons voice and pattering of his foot steps.

"hey baby, you gonna say hi to abuelita" i say hugging him, as jumped from my lap to mamis 

"hey buddy, miss me?" she asked giving him kisses 

"hey cisa hey manny" i hug both of them.

the visit went really well until the question of piper visiting came up.

"sorry about springing piper on you i just wanted to know if mateo was settling well" i apologise to the siblings, their faces were confused as they look at me "whos piper?" manny asked.

"the white chick who dropped in to check on mateo" i explain, maybe they didnt catch her name.

"what white girl, it was just us all week" yessica pointing to Mateo and Emanuel.

what the fuck

"so youre telling me that piper didnt come see you guys?" mami cut in, saying the exact words i was thinking

they nodded and i was fucking fuming

"i asked this girl who got out on furlough to come give mateo a comic book and check on you guys, she got back a couple days ago and told me she did it" i spat leaning back in the seat.

that lying bitch.

===

i was in the green house with red because gloria asked me to get some parsley.

"how do you know russian any way" red asked as she plucked something from the plants.

"oh, when i was with my ex. i was often alone and i decided to learn russian, i thought it would be good for my son to know as many languages as he could" i laughed picking up a pot and smelling the plant growing.

"please tell me you have a picture of him" she says turning to face me holding her hands up in a prayer away, i laughed and took the photo out of my bra, the photo was him when we was only a couple weeks old.

she took the image in her hand and her lips curled into a smile. she ran her finger down the picture.

"hes so handsome" she said as she sat and handed the picture back, i tucked it away.

the door opened and in came nicky, we looked at her and she seemed sad

she stood in front of us, i was standing behind red sitting on a crate.

"i need you to take this from me, cause i know im gonna do it" she said holding out her hand "and i really, really dont want to" she said, red looked at her outstretched hand, taking it out of her reach she asked "who gave that to you" 

"taystee, it came from vee" she spoke biting her lip every now an then.

"im so sorry ma, i let you down" she said looking me in the eyes, i gave her a caring smile and walked to beside her.

"no you didnt" red said standing up and putting her hands oh nicks shoulders "you brought it here, you did good nicky" she whispered before hugging her.

i watched the wholesome moment in aw, their relationship was beautiful.

red handed me packed and motion to tip it out in one of the pots, mixing it in with the soil.

which i did.

===

the next day i went to check in on nicky, she was playing cards with morello.

"hey nick" i say leaning on the divider looking around the room to see if piper was around.

yeh i was still fucking mad

"hey vera" her raspy voice calls as she looks up from her hand of cards.

"whatcha playing" i say walking in and sit on the bed slinging my arm around her.

"go fish" morello says her eyes squinted. 

"well i just want to say you did good nick" i say kissing her head through her mane of hair and walked out.