Chapter 7

That hope failed.

The next morning Louis woke up to his phone ringing loudly. He groaned and reached for it, winching when his wrist touched the table.

"Lou?? Are you ok?" A voice sounded through the phone. Harry.

"Hm? Yeah, I'm fine, why wouldn't I be fine?" Louis asked grumpily, not happy that he was woken up. Of course he knew why. He just didn't want to tell Harry.

"Lou please. You know why." Harry said, voice cracking slightly. Harry knew.

"No? I don't get it." Louis stubbornly said.

"Why were you so cold yesterday? Did you do something?" Harry asked concerned.

Louis didn't answer. Instead he started to cry silently. He felt so guilty.

"Lou please, did you hurt yourself?" Harry said, bottom lip wobbling, tears in his eyes. It was a heartbreaking sight.

"No?" Louis cried. It came out more as a question than an answer. Harry already knew. No point in acting anymore.

"So you did? Why?" Harry cried out. He didn't want to trigger Louis. He just wanted to help.

"YES! I DID! AND WHY? I don't fucking know! Well, yes, I know why. But I can't tell you. At least not over the phone!" Louis yelled angrily. He hated this topic. He hated it more than anything. Well maybe not more than the fact that his mom passed away. But it was close.

"Lou no... Please don't yell at me." Harry whispered, still crying hard. It hurt. It fucking hurt to know that someone you care about hurts themself. And it hurts even more to know you could have stopped them.

Louis said nothing more. He just cried, his shoulders shaking. He felt even more guilty than before.

"Can we meet up today? In the evening? You can sleep at our house. I just don't want you to be alone today." Harry whispered, his voice still wavering. He was beyond concerned.

"I could get you after uni. I don't care about the interview we have. The lads just have to tell I had a family emergency. And then we could stop at your apartment, drop your uni things, and get some fresh clothes for tomorrow. How does that sound?" Harry proposed. He really hoped Louis would listen.

"ok..." Louis agreed after much hesitation. He knew he couldn't be alone, it wouldn't end well.

"Thank you. I'll pick you up at 4?" Harry breathed out. He was so glad Louis agreed.

"Yeah ok. thank you. bye" Louis said quietly and hung up after Harry said his goodbye too.

Uni was very interesting again. He decided, he chose the right topic to study. Ed only spoke to him once but let him in peace after he realized that Louis wasn't in the mood for talking and Eleanor didn't even see him.

At lunch he ate nothing. He just wasn't hungry. That was normal for him. Especially after such a night.

After a long, tiring afternoon, it was finally four o'clock and uni was finished. Louis walked out of the building and towards the car he knew was Harry's.

Harry looked like a proper gangster. He had his hood pulled over and had sunglasses on.

The sight made Louis smile a bit.

When Harry noticed Louis, he got out of the car and ran towards the smaller boy.

The taller boy engulfed the shorter but older boy in a hug.

Louis breathed in the familiar smell of his friend (and crush) and wanted to cry again. So he did.

Harry took a notice only shortly after and wrapped his arms even tighter around the boy.