2. Hunting Grounds

Kim Taehyung

Novembers in Aylesford bear foggy mornings. Although I was bone wrecking tired from my travels. However, sleep was not able to find my eyes last night. I fear the reason might be change of place or you may say change of weather. Paris's warmth has grown on me for five years. It will take some time to get accustomed to Aylesford's nerve penetrating breeze.

I changed in to my hunting attire with leather boots that will help me to surpass marshy parts of Aylesford hunting lands and leather gloves for tighter grip on my weapon. It is been almost a year since I put hands on a riffle.

My father was very fond of horse riding and hunting. He gifted me this beauty, a Thoroughbred on my 20th birthday. I named her Noire. She was a really good ride and best companion if you ask me. I left her for five years but she recognized me instantly. On occasions I have this impression that animals are more human than humans themselves. She was adjusted to my demands back in the day. I wonder if she is the same now or is she has changed like me? I patted her and heard a content whimper for her.

"My beauty I have missed you

"My beauty I have missed you." I said whispering to her and she raised her two front legs neighing in pure joy.

"Young master I am Kim Seokjin. You may call me Jin. I am nephew of Minhi. She has tasked me to accompany you on your hunting venture. I know the lands well....... " a boy rambled in weak voice.

I turned around to eye him. He was not used to be around when I left for France. He has this lean body with broad shoulders. I wondered if he is not getting to eat much. He was wearing this white cotton shirt underneath his wool brown coat paired with khaki's. A typical attire for errand boys. He looked way younger than me. His eyes still batted on the ground handing a large basket.

"You were not used to live here when I left." I inquired.

"Young master, I... I.... My...." his hands were shaking as he was being caught for a murder.

"Calm down. I do not bite." I ensured him.

"My parents passed away 5 years ago. I had no one who could keep me. Aunt Minha brought me here and Lady Somi was kind enough to provide me work in the castle. Since then I am living here." he said still looking at the ground.

I jumped on my Noire, settling myself on it. I gestured him to get on the horse but he kept on looking at the ground.

"Get on the horse, sun will be up soon." I said.

" I... I will walk... "

"What? Do not you know how to ride a horse."

"No... I.. Mean yes I know but errand boys follow their master by walking."

"Non-sense. Deonji please bring a good horse for Seokjin here and set his equipment on it quickly." I said the man who takes care of horse and stables, Deonji.