30. Mon Bel Amant

The next two weeks passed in the blink of an eye. Taehyung and Jungkook grew immensely closer this month, even though they weren't aware of it. At one point Taehyung forgot that what he was living here with Jungkook was not reality. Reality is waiting for him in Aylesford. This is just an illusion of a life that he could have if he was a commoner.

It was his last day in this atelier. His work was almost finished. Half of the pieces were successfully fixed and installed in the extended wing of Central Cathedral. The remaining pieces were in the process. However, he had to stay here until the opening of the extended wing.

It was almost three in the afternoon when Taehyung was alone in his atelier. He was working on his last painting. Art was another aspect of Taehyung's personality. It made him complete. Also, bidding fare well to being an artist was always heart-wrenching for Taehyung. But this time, he decided to let it go for good. And what is the best way to let go other than painting the one you love?

A smile not leaving his lips as his brush danced on canvas, tainting it skillfully into the form of his lover. He was never proud of his work. But right now his chest was being filled with pride along with the finishing. The reason for pride was not his skill but the figure that was ruling the canvas.

"Mon bel amant," Taehyung mumbled, smiling to himself thinking of Jungkook.

"You are alone here." Jungkook was standing on the opposite side of his canvas stand. Taehyung was so lost in his painting that he did not notice the arrival of the younger.

"You are here?" Taehyung questioned not believing his eyes.

"Hoseok Hyung came to take away Hyunjin for the evening. They were invited to some birthday party." Jungkook explained.

"Oh alright, mon amour. Everyone packed up and left. Today was the last day." Jungkook's smile dropped as he heard those words.

He knew that soon this all will be over. He looked around the atelier and memories played in front of his eyes. In just one month, they managed to make hundreds of memories with each other.

No matter how much he prepared himself for what is coming. The truth was, he could never prepare himself even in a million years.

"Oh, I see. Will you miss it?" Jungkook gestured around the atelier.

"This no....." Taehyung stood up and walked towards his side. He leaned and captured Jungkook's lips into a sweet kiss, pulling him towards himself "But this yes....." he completed his sentence pulling back.

Jungkook hit his chest playfully. "Why you are so dramatic? It is not like you are leaving me behind. I shall be there too with you."

They both knew the truth of their hearts but tried their best to make other feel better. "I know love..... This is what keeps me going. I shall surpass every hardship. If you are by my side."

"Since, when did I become this important to you? Forgot that night when you were about to punish me for talking rudely to 'viscount.' " Jungkook emphasized the last word.

Taehyung smirked and brought his lips closer to Jungkook's ear nibbling a bit, to which Jungkook moaned. Then he whispered, "Oh love, how can I forget? I made you feel needy that night for the first time."

Jungkook's cheeks started to develop pink hues. "I did tell you this, so you could make fun of me."

"No love, I am not making fun of you. I am just feeling proud of myself." Taehyung chuckled.

Jungkook nudged him with his elbow and got past him. "Ouch... Love..." Taehyung let out a false groaning in pain.

"What were you working on? Can I see it?" Jungkook asked.