17. Declined Request

Taehyung was invited to London to present his request to crown on providing financial assistance regarding Brandon Lands case. He was waiting in the lobby of finance minister along with Jungkook and Mr. Lee.

"What do you think will they grant us the amount we require?" Jungkook asked.

"They have to. Many peoples life depend on those lands. It will affect them severaly. I can only manage forty percent of the total cost that is required to strengthen banks of river, through Aylesford reserves." Taehyung sighed.

"Do not worry my lord. It will be fine." Jungkook said patting his shoulder.

Soon the three of them were asked to present themselves infront of finance minister.

"Kim Taehyung, what a fine young man you have become." said Frederick Thompson.

"I appreciate your compliment Mr. Thompson." Taehyung smiled.

"I have known your father. He was such a hardworking man, I must say. It were good times. He and I worked on several projects back in the time. Please accept my apologies regarding your loss."

"I accept Mr. Thompson. Indeed he was a good man. I wonder if I could fill his shoes." Taehyung smiled.

"You young man have great potential. I am sure you will serve your people well." Mr. Thompson said.

"I tend you. Thank you."

"I have read your letter Taehyung. Can you elaborate on that issue more?"

"Sure. Mr. Thompson, Mr. Lee, my accountant here will present you onto the matter in greate depth." Taehyung gestured towards Mr. Lee, who opened his file and extended a copy to Mr. Thompson.

Mr. Lee explained the whole situation with the help of graphs and numbers. He explained how almost 50-60 households that depends upon those lands will suffer and how 70% of total the revenue generated from Aylesford comes from Brandon lands. He explained how that will not only affect the people of Aylesford but also the crown.

"I understand the urgency of this matter but before taking any decision I have to visit those lands by myself." Mr. Thompson said.

"I am well aware that you have protocols to follow but it is a request that we can not wait much. Otherwise it would be too late to secure those lands again." Taehyung said.

"Sure, I shall make my visit a priority. You will get back my answer within 5 days." Mr. Thompson said.

--------------------------------

Four days Later......

Taehyung was currently in his study. Glancing at the letter he received this morning from Paris. It was sent by Namjoon, informing him of their safe arrivals. The letter also told that the couple settled easily in their new house and Namjoon has resumed his services to the crown.

"Young Master, Lord John Mcbeth is here to see you." said Minhi.

Taehyung cursed under his breath. John was the last person he wanted to see. For some reason Taehyung do not like him by a bit. "Escort him to guest lobby. I shall be there shortly." Taehyung remained busy past three days. He was also missing Jungkook because younger had to accompany his father to Winchester for some trade purposes.

"Lord John, to what do I owe the pleasure." said Taehyung while extending his hand.

"My lord, well should there necessarily be a reason for me to visit you?"

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I mean a busy person like yourself might not visit someone without having any reason." Taehyung taunted.

"You are very right. I am a busy person. It is not easy to run multiple businesses at one time." Lord John smiled proudly.