3. Coming of Age

Kim Taehyung

Unfortunately, I failed to capture a prey during my hunting venture. I was determined to scour whole Aylesford, if I may to find that archer. How dare he to forbade me on hunting on my grounds. I was ignorant of the fact that people here might not recognize me as I have returned after a long time. I was ignorant of the fact that he was merely trying to protect my territory. Anger does turn you blind.

"We must head back."

"Young master I am assuming you had no luck today." Jin said.

"You are right. I could not find any prey."

"It is because of the weather young master. We shall come another day." he smiled at me.

----------------------------------

"Young master, madam Somi has invited you for tea in her chambers. " Minhi said.

"Inform mother, I shall be with her shortly." She bowed and left. I have told her numerous times that not to bow in front of me. However, no use.

I made my way towards my mother's chambers. Passing down those halls I recalled memories of my father running along with me. Never have I ever thought in the slightest that life will turn into this.

My mother's server announced my arrival as I moved inside.

"Come son someone is here to meet you." my mother said.

"Cousin. I cannot believe my eyes. It is you after all these years." said Namjoon standing from his seat.

"Do not exaggerate hyung. We have had a chance of meeting in Paris last year." I reminded him.

"Pardon me. Myself was excited to see you." he said breaking the hug.

"How the things with royal army?" I asked.

"Well when they have myself as general you must expect things to fold as smooth as butter." he laughed.

"You are correct about it." I said.

Namjoon is the son of my maternal aunty. She died when Namjoon was 8. His father married to another woman, who failed to prove herself a good step mother to my poor cousin. My mother took him in and raised as one of his own. He had an remarkable intelligence since childhood. He is one of the best strategist in Great Britain Royal Army.

Soon after Seokjin came in with trolley of tea and other eatables. Meanwhile my mother was talking about a few things that are going on in neighborhood. My eyes fell on Namjoon who was not paying attention to what mother was saying. I followed his eyes to the direction they were fixated on. That was no on other than the errand boy Seokjin.

I observed Namjoon keenly observing him as he was the only one present in this room. I observed tea cup rattling in Seokjin's hold when he was placing it in front on Namjoon. I observed the smile formed on Namjoon's face gazing my flustered errand boy as he looked away from Namjoon.

I smiled at both of them. At the moment I decided to let go this situation and focus on what my dear mother has to say.

"I raised you as my own son Namjoon and I wish same for you as I wish for Taehyung. You both are of age now. I wish to see you both with your spouses before closing my eyes. Every mother wishes to see her children thriving before leaving this world. Watching Eunha's little girls play make my heart flutter. Jihun will also give us this blessing soon. Now, I wish you both to settle soon with a good spouse. Life is lengthy to live it alone. When you have your soul mate alongside your life becomes much more worth living." she sighed.

Well I had nothing to argue about. I am a viscount and I am responsible to produce heirs to take on. I have delayed it enough and now I think there is no escape.