4. The Ball

Kim Taehyung

Evening was upon us when guests started to arrive. My mother along with my sisters were welcoming the guests. I glanced last time in the mirror fixing my attire when Minhi knocked at the door.

"Young Master Madam Somi inquired about your presence as Jeons are about to arrive."

"Minhi-shi lead the way." I said leaving my dressing room.

"Young Master you look exquisitely handsome. All the potential ladies will be batting their lashes on my young master tonight." said Minhi.

"Minhi-shi, you flatter me all the time. Look at yourself, the age-less beauty you are." I said.

"Young Master save these tricks for the ladies this evening not me." she smiled.

Myself made way down the stair case to the ball room. As soon as I entered the ball room my mother came towards me enveloping her arms around me.

"My son is looking handsome. Isn't hile Eunhi." said mother.

"Yes mother after all my brother is the most demanded becholar of this season." Eunha giggled.

"Come son I want to introduce you to guests." she said holding my arm motioning me towards the side of ball room.

"Respected Ladies and Gentlemen, I am delighted that you accepted my invitation and made you presence at the ball. I would like to introduce my son 'The Viscount of Aylesford', Kim Taehyung."

The hall was echoed by the claps and cheers of audience. Soon I saw some people made their way towards us.

" Son I would like you to introduce you to the Jeons. As you are already acquainted with "Jeon Woosung and Jeon Jaehi, this is Jeon Sohee their youngest daughter of three..." I took her hand and kissed the back of her hand as the manner of greeting.... "and this charming boy here is their youngest and only son Jeon Jungkook."

As Sohee bowed a little with her dress as a gesture of respect for me, my eyes fell upon him, Jeon Jungkook who was standing right behind her sister. He looked at me for a bit, bowed a little and returned his gaze towards the ground.

I recognized him. Those eyes, were the same. He was the one whom I saw that day in veil. I could not mistake those eyes. Those doe, beautiful and shiny eyes.

"Chose d'une grande beaute" escaped my lips involuntarily looking at him.

"Pardon? my lord", said Sohee. As I shook my head in response.

While Jeon Sohee was talking to me I was focused on his expressions, was he guilty? That he failed to recognize his viscount that day. All this time he did not make an eye contact with me again.

"My lord shall we head to the stage." Sohee gesture towards the center.

"It would be an honor." I smiled at her politely taking her towards the center stage.

Music was playing softly and other couples were also dancing alongside with us. I could witness with the corner of my eye that he was standing in the farther corner of the room talking and laughing with a male who was shorter than him. I could recognize him instantly. Perhaps he was one of the Parks siblings.

They both were wearing almost same attire. Royal blue waist high pants paired with royal blue jackets with gold embroidery on it. No doubt the color of the attire was an enhancement to younger's skin color.