13. Absurd Arrangement

Third Person Pov

As the evening proceeded, dinner was being announced. House helpers guided guests to take their designated seats around the elongated table that was elegantly decorated with flowers and candles. Mr. Jeon left his head position for the sake of viscount. Taehyung sat at the head seat. At his right side Mr. Jeon took place along with Mrs. Jeon followed by Kim Somi and on his right side sat Sohee along with Jimin followed by Jungkook followed by Lord John.

Taehyung being sitting at the head seat could easily see anyone. He saw how Jimin was serving dishing in Jungkook's plate and how Jungkook was keep stealing bites from Jimin's plate. He saw how Lord John poured drink to Jungkook and how Jungkook was laughing with him. He saw how Jungkook poured drink to Jimin, at some point they shared same glass. Taehyung was fuming with anger. His appetite was lost by now.

It struck his last nerve when he felt Sohee's hand on his thigh. She was shamelessly caressing his thigh. Taehyung closed his eyes tightly, not knowing that younger was watching him too. "This is really inappropriate for a lady to do this." Taehyung growled lowly.

"What is wrong in making my lord feel good?" she smirked.

"Sister can you pass me that dish." Jungkook's voice made Sohee retire her hand back and Taehyung sighed in relief. It is not that her touches were making him aroused but he was disgusted by the shameless advances of the lady.

After dinner Lady Jeon was busy in seeing off the guests along with her husband. She insisted viscount and his family to stay the night because both families are now joined as one to which Kim Somi agreed. As the night approached everyone was retired to their room.

Jungkook was standing by the window looking at his canvas that had unfinished painting of Taehyung. He traced the lines of his face, with ache in his heart to touch him. He was so lost in his thoughts that he did not hear opening of the door until he heard.

"Jungkook."

He jumped from his spot and turned around, covering the canvas with his body.

"My lord why are you here. Do you require anything?"

"You know why I am here. Stop beating around the bush."

Jungkook closed his eyes and inhaled deeply. "My lord it is inappropriate for you to be here at this hour. Night is still young. What might someone think if they did not find you in your room. Please do not compromise your reputation. Please leave. I will bring myself to you later in night."

Taehyung was taken aback by younger's word. He was expecting younger to be angry at him rather he was worried about viscount's reputation. How can someone be so perfect and innocent?

"I shall wait for you." with this Taehyung left. Younger sighed in relief. He knows that this night is not going to be easy when he will confront viscount later. He had already made his choice.

Love demands sacrifices. Jungkook made sure if he had to make a sacrifice it would be of his choice.

After clock struck midnight. Jungkook stood up from his chair and let his steps take him to viscount's room. As soon as he turned the corridor he heard some footsteps. He hid himself behind the pillar. He peeked out to see who it was. He saw Sohee in her night gown with shawl draped over her bare shoulders walking hurriedly to somewhere. He followed her only to see her end in front of Taehyung's door.

His heart dropped in his chest. He could not even bring himself to imagine that what was going to happen behind that close door. A tear escaped his eye. He stood outside the door to hear. He laughed at his pathetic state. Viscount and his sister are betrothed, things like these can happen between them. Then why his heart was aching?