36. The After-Effects

Jungkook was feeling suffocated, left alone. He decided to take a walk to the gardens. A light breeze was blowing, tingling the hair on his body. His steps took him towards the stables, unconsciously. He did not know why. He stepped inside and looked around.

Around eight months ago, at this exact place, he never knew his life would change this much. He was scared at that time too. He is scared right now too. He smiled at that naive person who he was eight months ago, thinking that Taehyung was going to punish him.

Stating the cold aura Taehyung generated. It was not hard to believe he would punish someone for disrespecting him. All the memories from that night played in his mind.

He heard the door of the stables open and then closed behind him. He did not turn away. Because he knew who it was.

"My Lord."

"How did you know it is me?"

Jungkook did not turn away but smiled, "Even if I go blind I could tell when you are around."

"So, this is how far we have come from being scared of me punishing you."

"And the tables have turned my lord because now, I have the right to punish you."

"Punish me, all you want just look at me once." Taehyung's voice was pleading. Jungkook turned around to see Taehyung on his knees.

"I am sorry Jungkook, please forgive me."

"My lord, what are you doing? Please, you do not owe me any apology." Jungkook said mimicking Taehyung's position holding his both hands.

"You refused to come to me... I... Thought... You..." Taehyung was stuttering.

"It did not matter. I was busy with Sohee. It is nothing to worry about." Jungkook told him. Although it was a lie he can not tell the elder the real reason.

"Oh...."

"And why I would be angry at you? I told you I will be by your side to face whatever comes." Jungkook sounded assuring.

Taehyung sighed in contentment, knowing that everything was okay between him and his lover.

Taehyung rested his head against Jungkook as the younger pulled themselves up into a standing position.

"You look beautiful. I could merely take my eyes off you while you were walking down the stairs."

"Who allowed you to take your eyes off me?" Jungkook chuckled.

Taehyung leaned in and planted a kiss on his lover's lips. The kiss depicted Taehyung's longing for Jungkook. How badly he wanted him to be there instead of Sohee. The younger could decipher the pain hidden in the rhythm in which Taehyung's lips moved against his.

Soon the longing turned into a need as Taehyung started caressing the sides of Jungkook's lean waist. Oh how much Jungkook wanted his lover to claim him. But they had to stop. Neither it was the appropriate time nor it was the ideal place.

Jungkook pulled apart half-heartedly. "Taehyung,... I want you to... But we can not. Not here. Someone might see us. I shall be with you later in the night. " he mumbled. Taehyung nodded letting the younger go from his embrace.

---------------------------------

"Please accept my sincerest congratulations on your engagement."

Sohee was startled by a sudden voice. "Oh Lord John, thank you so much."

"Well, I do not see the viscount with you. I ought to congratulate you both."

"He was here just now. He might be with someone. Kindly, accept my gratitude on his behalf."