6. Kindness

Third Person POV

A week has passed since the evening of the ball. Taehyung was submerged in understanding records and logs of his lands. As the time was passing his subjects were eager to get a glimpse of their young viscount. The word spreads fast through maid's and caretakers of the mansion that young viscount's has become more handsome than of the past. Present day marks the tax collection by viscount. In that matter Taehyung's mother insisted him that he should be the one to collect taxes from his subjects as it would be a good excuse to meet and know his subjects.

"Son, Jeon Sohee shall also accompany you as you are now courting her." Somi said.

Upon asking by Somi that what is his opinion about Sohee after the ball, Taehyung answered that his mother's choice will work for him. He also visited the Jeon mansion once to meet Sohee but there was no encounter with Jungkook. Elder didn't bother much because has been busy with his duties.

"As you say mother." Taehyung replied like an obedient son.

"Son you might not know but take it as an advice from me. Having a partner by your side make your burden lessen by tenfolds. As long as both share common ground of beliefs and interests' things become easier. It would be better for both of you to know each other completely. " Somi smiled.

" Yes mother I shall try my best."

On the tax collection day all the subjects are invited to viscount's mansion to pay whatever they have to. It either can be money or grains in exchange for living and cultivating on the lands of the crown. Also, lunch is organized by the viscount to treat his subjects for their hard work. However, Taehyung decided it to be different this time. He planned to visit his lands by himself and collect taxes there.

It was 10 in the morning when he arrived there with his mother and his log holder. He saw another carriage stopped there after a few minutes revealing Jeon Sohee and Jeon Jungkook. He furrowed his eyebrows as he wasn't expecting younger to accompany them today.

"Ahhh my kids come here. Jungkook I am so happy that you came along." said Somi.

"My lady..." Jungkook held Somi's hand and kissed back of it, "My apologies for sudden show up but I am afraid there was no on besides me to escort my sister." said Jungkook.

"Oh non-sense your presence makes me happy." said Somi.

Elder was noticing the scene from a bit afar sitting on his table. He saw younger bowed at him and acknowledged it with nod. As soon as he saw Sohee walking towards him he started looking down at his papers.

"My Lord, it's an honor to accompany you here." said Sohee.

"Likewise." said Taehyung and started talking to the tenant standing in front of him.

Sohee scoffed and sat beside Taehyung.

One by one people started gathering. Everyone was over joyed today to see their young viscount. Young girls were giggling and gossiping seeing such a handsome viscount.

Taehyung saw an old man approaching him trying to lift sack of grain he was about to stand up when Jungkook approached the old man. He picked up the sack for old man walking towards desk.

"My Lord I am so delighted to see you performing your duties with my old eyes. I was young when I served you grandfather. He was a kind man. You possess same features like him." old man smiled.

Jungkook was smiling all the time looking to old man. Meanwhile Taehyung was observing younger and his facial expressions unintentionally.

"It is my honor to serve you as your viscount. I hope not to let you down in anyway." Taehyung smiled.