31. Inauguration Ceremony

Taehyung was standing in front of the mirror staring at his reflection blankly. His hands roamed around the lapels of his coat and the hem of his shirt. While his eyes were fixed on his own eyes. It was like someone else was staring at him back. As if it was not his reflection but someone else's. Maybe his darkest version, his selfish version who he was hiding from everyone. Even from Jungkook.

The version of himself that was screaming at him to run away. Run far away with his lover to the ends of Earth, where no one could find them. Will it be of any worth? Sabotaging his people and family only for one person? The reflection screamed yes it would be worth it.

Even if Taehyung let his intrusive thoughts win, and be selfish just this one time, it would be of no use. Jungkook will not agree. That is how his lover is, selfless and sacrificing. Taehyung smiled at the image of Jungkook that flashed across his eyes.

'Oh my love, I wish to be never separated from you.'

He startled a bit when a pair of arms snaked around his waist from behind. It was Jungkook habit to hug him like this. "Are you nervous?" he whispered.

Today was the inauguration ceremony of the extended wing of Central Cathedral. That was designed by Taehyung and his pupils. All the royals of the city will be in attendance tonight along with the Pope, who traveled from Rome for this grand inauguration.

"I do not know may be." Taehyung smiled back at the reflection of the younger behind him in the mirror.

"You are an incredible artist Taehyung. You must not be nervous besides......I will be there with you." he said lowly.

Taehyung smirked, "That is why I am looking forward to the inauguration ceremony. I can not wait for you to see it."

Jungkook giggled, "So you are only waiting for my validation for your work, among all the important people that would be there."

Taehyung turned around cupping his face, "Your validation is all I ask and all I need. No one else matters."

"Well, I am a flattered dear lover. Let us leave, otherwise, we would be late."

Taehyung nodded as he followed Jungkook outside.

-------------------------------------

The sermon hall of the Central Cathedral was getting crowded, as the evening advanced. The inauguration was preceded by Sermon from the Pope. Choir was playing melodies of faith, forgiveness, and glory of the Christian Community.

"I have never been to sermon grand like this before," Jungkook said settling on the seat with Hoseok and Seokjin by his side.

"Then it would be a great experience for you and Seokjin to witness a sermon like this by none other than the Pope of Rome himself." Hoseok smiled.

"I learned about Catholicism when I came to Aylesford. Aunt Somi is such a lady of religion." Seokjin remarked.

"I have never been a person of religion. However, I am thrilled today because the Pope of Rome rarely makes a public appearance. I have heard that he was intrigued by Taehyung's work in Central Cathedral." Hoseok said.

"He is incredible hyung. But he does not give credit to himself." Jungkook said.

"He is down to earth man, Jungkook." Hoseok smiled.

"As far as I have gathered viscount himself does not seem like a man of religion, although his art is the center of attraction for everyone including the Pope. How is it possible?" Seokjin was amazed.

"It is not necessary that only a man of religion can create heart-touching art. All it needs is a true artist by heart. You have to let it all out what is inside you. You must have the tendency to not only explain yourself but also to others. Taehyung has it. That is why his art is the center of attraction for everyone." Hoseok explained.