42. Prove Your Love

The boy was running breathlessly on a known way. His lean legs were tired but his loyalty was calling on him, so he kept running and running until his destination was visible in the vicinity of his eyesight.

The boy saw everything that happened with his master through the window of the lounge. He could not rush and hold his master to comfort him, to help him. So he decided to call upon someone who would help his master.

"Young master Park..... Where is he...?" the boy panted.

"And what are your business with him?" the guard questioned.

"Please... I am from Jeon Mansion please let me in this is important...." said the boy. The guard nodded, "Young Master Park is in orchids with his father. You can wait until he comes back."

"No,.....no. This can not wait. I shall see him there." the young boy said and ran away towards the orchids.

"Young master Park." the boy shouted

Jimin who was examining the pile of oranges turned to him. "Ben?" he called out to the boy. Ben was Jungkook's errand boy. He looked after Jungkook's errands and his horse.

"Young Master...." the boy panted as he placed his hands on his knees bending to catch his breath. Jimin gestured to his servant to bring water for the boy.

Ben gestured his hand in denial. He could not waste time drinking water while his master was in pain.

"What happened, calm down?" Jimin said.

"No....I.....master my master is in pain. Please please help me. He was crying... He...." Ben stuttered.

"Calm down and tell me what happened?"

Ben sighed and told Jimin everything. From what happened in church two days ago followed by what happened today in Jeon Mansion and how Jungkook was suffering.

"I should see him. You must go to Viscount's mansion and check if he is back from London."

"Master Park, the viscount arrived back yesterday. He came to visit master Jeon in the morning, but Lady Jeon told him that the young master was not at home. Although the young master was in his room. They will not let them meet. I highly doubt that lady Jeon will let you meet young master too. He had been in his room for the past two days. He did not eat much nor does he talk to anyone. I did not go to the viscount mansion because I was afraid that if someone sees me they might think that the young master sent me there. "

Jimin sighed heavily. He warned Jungkook to not choose this path, however, it wasn't Jungkook's fault. When fate calls upon you, you have no choice but to play the role. Taehyung and Jungkook were fated to fall in love.

"I see. You must go back to Jungkook and keep an eye on him. I shall go to the Viscount's mansion and later in the evening, I shall visit Jungkook. No one can stop me from meeting my younger brother." Jimin assured Ben and left for the Viscount's mansion instantly.

---------------------------------------

The rumors were not away from Taehyung's ears, of course, he heard them. In the morning, Mr. Lee explained the situation and circulated rumors. However, Mr. Lee and Taehyung both were unaware of Jungkook's situation.

Taehyung wanted to talk to Jungkook as soon as possible so that they can find out the solution to the situation. He did not want himself or Jungkook to be the target of these brutal rumors, which may cost them their life. Taehyung was in his study with Mr. Lee. when Jimin barged in.

"Park." Taehyung was astonished at this sudden visit.

"My lord, Are you aware that what is going on? How could be you so calm sitting here while my friend there is suffering?" Jimin couldn't help but shout.

"What are you implying Park?"

Jimin told him everything that Ben told him earlier and that was happening this week.

"I must go see him. I have to see him..... " Taehyung started to feel more tense, knowing what his lover was going through. Jimin stopped him from approaching the door.

"If you go there, then it would cause more difficulty for him." Jimin reasoned.

"Then what do you suggest I do, sit here while he is there suffering alone," Taehyung spoke.

"This is what I am saying. You are equally responsible for what is happening. Jungkook was not alone. You loved him too. Then why he is the one suffering all hate and disgust? Why because you have a title and he doesn't. People are implying that he might be the one to lead you astray. Because according to their pathetic mentality one who has the title is not capable of committing sin." Jimin huffed.

"So you see it as a sin too?"

"No, but I was aware that where it might lead from the start. I wanted to stop Jungkook but he could not help it. You can not help it when it comes to love. He loved you. He loved you blindly. He did that despite knowing that you will be not his completely. He was happy to live on the crumbs you provided. Now, he is the one who is being painted as characterless. The same Jungkook who was adored by the people of Aylesford.

He lost everything in loving you. His respect, his name, his dignity. He is selfless, so he chose you with your responsibilities. Tell me was there any single time when he complained to you about anything? Even in the slightest?"

Taehyung nodded in denial. Jungkook was no doubt the most selfless human he ever met.

"See...... He will not utter a single word even if you kill him. He will always see you as his lover and as his savior no matter what you do. It should be you to see when he is hurting. Where is your love Taehyung.....?

"Young master park....." Mr. Lee interrupted to remind Jimin who he was talking to but soon was cut off when Taehyung raised his hand to let Jimin speak.

"Do you know what might be the end of this, my respected lord?" Jimin mocked.

"Do you know what is the punishment for all of this? If people got aggressive they will not even wait for the church to intervene and their first target would be Jungkook, not you. They will harm him. And I am telling you Kim Taehyung if even a hair on his body is harmed I shall kill you with my bare hands."

Jimin turned around to leave but stopped by the door, "Do not try to see him. I will talk to him and send you details." with this he left.

"Prepare for my conference with the people. I must announce these rumors baseless for once and all." Taehyung spoke to Mr. Lee.

"My Lord..... I am afraid that this will not work, people will only see it as a cover-up of the situation. They might not speak in front of you. However, they will not believe your word as compared to the witnesses. Not to forget there are not one but 2-3 witnesses. I have been told that one of them is a staff of Jeon Mansion."

"We have to do something... I can not sit idly Mr. Lee." Taehyung was pacing back and forth.

"I think the wisest way is that you must stay away from young Jeon for time being. I would suggest one of you leave Aylesford. Given that you can not leave, it should be young Jeon. Then when the rumors die down we can think of a permanent solution." Lee suggested.

"You do not know Jungkook will not leave. As for me, I cannot live without him. I am not at peace if I do not see him even for a day." Taehyung spoke he was not afraid. Not anymore.

"My Lord, you can not win against extremists if you listen to your heart. You must listen to your brain and make a wise decision if you do not want to harm the one you love." Lee reasoned.

"Thank you, Mr. Lee. I shall think upon it."

----------------------------------

Do you think Mr.Lee gave the right suggestion?🤔

Love from my side 💜💜💜