33. Matters of the Heart

Aylesford Mansion was in another glory today. Lady Somi along with Minhi was running breathlessly to complete the preparations for the Viscount's arrival. Jeon's family was also there to welcome their Viscount. Well, there was another reason too. That the affairs of wedding and engagement were also due for discussion upon the arrival of viscount.

The word was now spread among the locals also that how their Viscount managed to raise funds to save their lands and livelihood. Everyone was eager to meet viscount and thank him for his efforts. They were impressed that how their viscount was kind and hardworking just like his father. His love for his people was now proven through his efforts.

They were also eager to witness the wedding of their beloved viscount. Few of them did not like the idea of lady Sohee being their viscountess. However, they wished a happy life for their viscount.

--------------------------------------

Jimin was scheduled to receive Jungkook and Taehyung from the port. He was happy that finally, he will be able to see his best friend after almost two months. Since childhood, they were never once separated for this long. It was the first time.

Jimin was also happy that his best friend got to spend a little time with the person he loved. At first, Jimin did not like the idea but he knew that there is no way to stop your heart from wanting someone. Matters of the heart are indeed strange.

He was the victim of this situation himself. He was in love with Sohee for years. He knew that she did not return his feelings. She never will. Nevertheless, Jimin still loves her with all his heart.

At one point he thought that Sohee will back off after Taehyung confessed to her that his heart belonged to someone else. But she did not. She was more eager to go to the wedding as soon as possible. He thought may be she was also driven by her love for Viscount or was this due to her insatiable love for riches and titles.

Jimin forbade himself to think like that about Sohee. The one you love is always innocent in your eyes no matter what. To him, Sohee was also an innocent girl who was madly in love with Taehyung. Fate is indeed playing with the fate of all four of them.

Jimin sighed at his thoughts as he made his way toward Sohee's chambers. He knocked at the door and heard him come in. He walked inside to find Sohee dressed in her new gown.

"Why are you still here Jiminie? Please do not get late to bring me, my Viscount, back," she whined.

"I....umm... I was about to leave." He said feeling tangled under some kind of spell by Sohee's beauty.

He turned around because he knew it was useless to stay here more. "Listen before you go please tell me how I look... Should I pair these earrings with the dress or these?" She lifted two pairs of earrings.

Jimin walked up to her. Held both of her hands and leaned in to have a closer look at the items. "This one." he chose blue emerald earrings to go with her sky-blue gown.

"Oh you have an epic choice." she giggled.

"Indeed I do," he said looking at Sohee's reflection in the mirror. Oh, how poor Sohee was not to notice the love in his eyes for her.

"Allow me." He asked Sohee gesturing towards her ears. She nodded positively.

Jimin placed the earrings in her ears gently. He wished that Sohee could feel the same for him. "Are you sure that you want to marry the Viscount?" He couldn't help but ask again.

"What do you mean?" she was still unaware.

"I mean you do not even know him Sohee. Are you sure he loves you the same?" he asked hardly holding back the water in his eyes.