12. The Dinner

Third Person Pov

A month later

"Son, you have immersed yourself in to work so much. I am afraid you are compromising your health." said lady Somi.

"Mother these matters need my attention urgently." Taehyung said lowering his glasses on his nose.

"I am well aware. Mr. Lee is here for your assistance. You can always ask him to share tasks."

"No mother, I shall go through them on my own." said Taehyung.

"If you insist. I am here to let you know that please do not keep any engagement for coming Friday evening. We are invited to Jeon mansion for the annual dinner." said Somi.

"Mother is it compulsory for me to attend it? I am not sure that I am free." said viscount.

"My son your presence is necessary there. Not only as a viscount but also as their future son in law. You have responsibilities towards Soohi and her parents too. You are also not visiting her often. My son it is your responsibility as her man to give her time. Make her feel loved. I am well aware that there is so much on your plate right now. But do not forget that family is important also. Furthermore, there will be lords and ladies attending from neighboring lands too. Your interaction will be required for important matters. Your father always made allies on such occasions. I hope that you will too."

"Yes mother, I shall join you."

"That's my boy. Anyways it is late please go to bed. I shall send you herbal tea, that will calm your nerves." Somi said and left the study.

Taehyung dropped his head back to chair. Now, it was another test for him. He was avoiding Jungkook for a whole month now by drowning himself in unnecessary work. Going through same records again and again. If he goes to dinner he will again see him, that will not be easy.

'It is your responsibility to give her time. To make her feel loved.'

His mother's words came back to him. He never knew that loving someone could be a responsibility. He learnt the true meaning of 'love' through his parent's relationship. However, he never once felt that his father was loving his mother just because of responsibility. His father's love for his mother was effortless. As a kid he always wished to find love effortlessly and unconditionally.

The second example of effortless love he witnessed is of his friend and mentor Min Yoongi. He saw him changing for his love. Taehyung saw how they both hold each other's roots firmly. He saw them loving each other against all odds. No matter how Hoseok have to travel to the ends of world. He comes back home to his lover always.

He still remembers his father words when Taehyung questioned him that how one will know if one is in love? His father answered:

"My son you will know it in here....." his father placed his hand on his heart. "You will know you are in love when this thing in here beats erratically around that person and at the same time this thing in here will be calm around that person. You will know that you are in love when you see them smile and your world stops. You will know that you are in love when they become the center of your all thoughts. You will know you are in love when you want them to be yours, not only in this life but in everyone that exists. Believe me son love will strike your door when you least expect it. Love is not an obligation rather it is unconditional. You will love them even if they do not love you back. "

While he was in Paris he never experienced any of his father's words. At some point he thought that his father was just sugar coating the theory of love. But now he knows his father's words hold the ultimate truth. He wished his father was here to guide him. Would he be okay if he learnt his son has fallen in love with a man?