35. The Engagement

The evening grew dark and somber, with heavy feelings in the air that seemed to weigh down in the vicinity of Viscount's Mansion. The sky was overcast, with the clouds as if they were hiding the mourning moon from the gaze of the world.

Jungkook was standing in the window of his allotted room in the Viscount's mansion, staring at the covered moon. He wished that he could hide away like the moon, so no one can see his ache tonight. He knew, thinking of hiding was useless. He can not hide even if he wanted to. He had to face the reality and this was just a start.

Next will be the wedding. Then, Taehyung having kids and a family with another person in front of his eyes. Maybe then he will not remain significant in Taehyung's life. Maybe then they will drift apart. Apart. This word stabbed his heart and he clutched his chest. He rather accepts being an insignificant person in the corner of Taehyung's life than be apart from him.

'Having something is better than having nothing. Even if it is love. '

He will be happy with the crumbs of love provided to him rather than being starved of nothing. He knew from the moment he fell for viscount that he can never love another in his life.

"Mr. Jeon, lady Sohee is asking for your presence in her chambers," a maid spoke.

"Please inform her, I shall be there shortly."

Past six days passed within the blink of an eye. Taehyung remained busy supervising work at Brandon lands. Jungkook accompanied him on several occasions there. The people were extremely thankful to their Viscount that they decided to hold a party as a gesture to thank their Viscount. But Taehyung said to delay it until the renovation is finished on the river and lands.

In the evenings, nothing changed between Taehyung and Jungkook as the younger spent most of his time in Viscount's mansion, in the disguise of the ongoing project of Brandon's lands.

Jungkook fixed his clothes one last time walking out of his room toward Sohee's.

------------------------------------

Sohee was standing in front of the mirror with her stylist doing some final touch-ups on her. If you ask, then she was the happiest person in the whole Mansion right now. Her dream of being viscount's bride was going to be true.

She wanted to be simple on her engagement. So she was dressed in a light blue ball gown, with the impression of flowers sewn to it. She was looking magical. Her white skin was illuminated in this light color.

"Brother, how do I look?" She asked as soon as Jungkook entered

Jungkook glanced at her from head to toe. How can he despise her? His sister, who was clueless about what is happening. "You look amazing." he smiled.

If someone was to blame, it was him. Only him. Everything was planned already. Taehyung was planned to be married to Sohee, his sister. He is the one who barged in between them like a piece of unannounced bad news. So who is he to complain about anything? He should be grateful. Oh Lord, but what he could do? If his heart chose to love the one who can not be his?