46. The Hour of Separation

The night was dark and eerie, with a full moon illuminating the surroundings. The trees swayed gently in the cool breeze, and the leaves rustled softly as if whispering to him to go ahead with his plan.

Jungkook was pacing back and forth in his room. It was past midnight, and his hands were all sweaty as if he had killed someone. Today is the night when Jimin told him that he had to leave Aylesford. He hadn't told any soul about him leaving.

Even when John visited him today, he acted nicely and made plans with him to leave Aylesford for Italy on the coming weekend. He checked his small satchel. He had packed a few things to take with him that will only get him through his journey.

He felt a stone hit his window, falling on the floor. He knew it was his signal. He looked out of the window to see Ben standing in the garden, gesturing him to come down.

Jungkook took out the rope under his bed that Ben supplied him last night. He tied one side to the grill on the balcony of the window and threw the other end to the ground. He picked up his satchels and climbed down with the help of rope.

He silently followed Ben into the dark of the night. Jungkook felt his heart racing with anticipation and fear. Never in his life, had he thought that one day he had to leave his house like this in the middle of the night. But when the walls start to get tighter on your existence, leaving is the only option a person is left with. He glanced one last time at the Mansion, yes it was a Mansion now. Because what he faced in those walls for the past few weeks, is not the definition of a home.

After walking for fifteen minutes they reached in the deep woods. Jimin was waiting for him in the woods with two horses. He hugged his friend as soon as he saw him.

"Let's go before someone finds you missing," Jimin whispered and Jungkook nodded.

Before Jungkook could jump on the horse he felt a tug on his sleeve. It was Ben, "Please, take care of yourself master." he had tears in his eyes.

Jungkook knelt down infront of the weak boy. He was sixteen years old. He was serving Jungkook since he was twelve years old. His father was a gardener at Jeon Mansion. He died a few years ago so this poor boy had no one except for Jungkook.

Jungkook removed tears from the boy's eyes, "Do not cry. I will be okay. Will you take care of yourself?" Jungkook questioned and the boy nodded weakly.

Jungkook turned around towards the horse. He felt a tug at his heart. Leaving Ben behind like this. He had no one accept Jungkook. Would anyone treat him well after he leaves? He wasn't sure how will he survive in Paris yet he did not want to leave that boy behind.

"Will you come with me to Paris?" Jungkook turned around and questioned the boy.

"Really? Will you take me there with you? I promise I would work. I would not be a burden on you please master I can not live without you here." as if it was all Ben wanted to serve his master.

"Let's go we do not have much time," Jimin said.

Jungkook jumped on the horse and pulled Ben up. They rode toward the port in the dark of night. After many days Jungkook felt fresh air on his skin. He felt a little alive. However, his heart was hurting thinking that he had to leave without seeing Taehyung or if he will see him soon enough.

------------------------------------------------

"I have booked you two a passage, the ship will leave in the morning. You have a few hours. You can stay here till then....." Jimin gestured towards the door of a room. Currently they were at an inn near the port. "and Ben you can wait with me. Let's go."