24. Lack of Warmth

It has been a week since their arrival in Paris. Taehyung's days were mostly spent in atelier of Yoongi's art gallery. Makes his way back to home in evenings where he finds his beloved usually cooking dinner or playing with his son. Taehyung could see that Hyunjin has found mother in Jungkook. Younger's aura around Hyunjin is motherly as if he was his own son.

It makes Taehyung's heart hurt whenever Hyunjin calls him and Jungkook by their names. He wished if he had a choice he would choose his son and Jungkook over everything else. He wondered many times if there is a possibility to never go back to Aylesford and settle his life here. He does not need lands and riches to his name. All he needs is his beloved and son. To live with them and cherish them for rest of his life.

Currently he was sitting in atelier along with his students working on various painting and statues. He was distracted from past two days. Going back home, looking at his little family makes it more difficult for him to concentrate. He did not go home last night. He thought may be loneliness of night could help him to concentrate. However, it was in vain. The painting he was working on was stuck.

Perhaps, deep down he wanted to drag his business more here, so he can spend more time with his lover. He sighed heavily as he picked up the paint brush and started once again.

----------------------------------------

Jungkook almost finished cooking dinner. He gave bath to Hyunjin with the help of maid. Hyunjin was really active today. He played piano and sang with Jungkook. Then Jungkook fed him dinner and put him to sleep. He freshened up a bit. It was a part of his daily routine now. Cooking dinner, setting table, take a bath and wait for Viscount.

He placed himself on couch, glancing at clock here and then. It was late than usual time. Taehyung is home by seven but clock struck ten now. Jungkook was now restless pacing left right in front of door. Whole day was already too much to wait for his lover. At this hour he habitually becomes excited and fidgety. Butterflies swam across his tummy waiting for elder.

He heard a door bell when it was quarter past eleven. It could not be Taehyung. He opened the door with sweaty hands only to find one of Taehyung's students who conveyed the message that Taehyung will stay in atelier tonight.

Jungkook is mature enough and he knows that elder might have some work unfinished. However, he utterly felt odd. With slump shoulders he walked pass the decorated table, blew the candles and dragged his feet to their bedroom. For some reason his appetite died. From a week, breakfast and dinners were now their happy events as they fed each other while Jungkook sits on his lover's lap, giggling and shying.

He felt the same coldness on sheets as he felt on his first night here and he hated it. It made him sick to his core not being engulfed in Taehyung's warmth. Suddenly, a thought barged into his mind. What will happen when they return to Aylesford? Will not his bed be cold then? He could not spend every night by his lover's side. A tear escaped his eye.

He wrestled with himself to embrace the truth that Taehyung can not only be his forever. What they have in here will stay here. They cannot take it to Aylesford, so he should not make himself addicted to the feeling of his lover's warmth. He should make himself use to this old feeling of coldness around him.

No matter however he tried to make himself understand of the situation, he failed. Tears rolling down uncontrollably as he hugged Taehyung's pillow to his chest. Sleep was in some far away valley and it could not make it to his eyes tonight.

Jungkook flickered his eyes to sharp light as he felt some weight on his stomach. Someone tugging his shirt. He slowly opened his eyes to see Hyunjin sitting on his stomach trying to wake him up.

"Sweetheart, what happened why are you crying?" Jungkook asked sitting himself up and bringing Hyunjin to his chest embracing him tightly.

"I miss father." He sobbed. Jungkook know he was talking about Yoongi.

"Oh, do you not love being here with Tae and Kookie here?"

"I do but I miss father. He promised me to take me to fair. It is Sunday." he sobbed hiding his face behind his chubby hands.

A smile made to Jungkook's face as he grabbed his little wrists and pulled them down gently seeing his tomato red face. At the end of the day, Hyunjin was a kid who could be a little greedy when it comes to exciting things.

Jungkook prepared breakfast as an idea formed in his mind. He asked maid to place breakfast containers in carriage. He dressed himself and Hyunjin nicely, making his way towards Min's mansion.

"Welcome. We have early guests." Yoongi said coming down from stairs.

"Father...." Hyunjin ran and hugged Yoongi's legs. Elder picked him up and spun him around in his arms placing kisses all over his face. Jungkook could see how much Yoongi loved him. Like his own. Hyunjin was luckiest unlucky to be. He could not stay with his biological father but he had so many people around him to shower him with love.

"Father you promised me to take to fair today." Hyunjin pouted.

Yoongi almost forgot as he smiled embarrassed infront of Jungkook. "Yes we shall go there in evening because it is too hot in noon. Why don't you check upon you peas and garden until then?" Hyunjin giggled pecking Yoongi's cheek and ran away towards garden.

"He is lucky to have father like you." Jungkook smiled.

"No, I am lucky to be blessed with a son like him." Yoongi replied.

"It makes me sad that he will not be with his biological father but happy also that he had all the love." Jungkook said looking at something far away.

"I think of that too. Taehyung is like my younger brother Jungkook. He has been through a lot. When I and Hoseok took him in he was in utter distress. Hyunjin was a hope for him. A hope that he cannot hold on to. He wanted to put up Hyunjin to adoption center of the church. I could not let him leave a piece of himself like that. Hoseok was here when Hyunjin born. I and Hoseok cannot have kids of our own. Even though he permitted me to have a kid of my own with a woman, that could carry my legacy. But I cannot bring myself to touch anyone who is not Hoseok. We took Hyunjin as our own. Besides, Hoseok is winding up his overseas business to be here with us more." Yoongi smiled.

"Do not you have desire to become a father or have your child?" Jungkook asked.

Yoongi chuckled, "You know Jungkook, once you have chosen your path things like these do not distract you. My path is Hoseok, I love him with all I have. I vowed to be his and only his. How can I bring myself to look at another? Or witness him looking to some other? If I was married to a woman and she couldn't give me a child due to some reason would have you suggested me the same? " Yoongi questioned.

Jungkook thought for a second and shook his head. "Then how could this be any different?" Yoongi made Jungkook speechless. Elder was right.

Seeing your soulmate with another is not acceptable whatever the situation might be. So what he asked of Taehyung, was it acceptable? Or did he just pushed Taehyung to something elder did not want. Was it unfair of Jungkook to make choice of Taehyung?

"I know what are you thinking Jungkook. I shall not give you lectures on how and what shall your choice be. Everyone has different responsibilities and duties to fulfill. Some of us are chosen for something selfless and Taehyung is that person. However, I must say that whatever you both choose, do not let each other go. Be there for each other. I know if Taehyung had to walk on his chosen path he would need you by his side. Someone who is loyal to him as he is to others, selfless for him as he is for others, to love him enormously. That someone is you Jungkook."

He let himself sink Yoongi's words. He was right. If Taehyung has to walk down on his chosen path, then he needs Jungkook. It was not easy for Taehyung to do this alone when he is immensely in love with Jungkook. Younger will make sure now onwards that his lover has his full support. He will be selfless and love Taehyung with all he has.

'I shall stay with you selflessly and endlessly.'

----------------------------------------

Love from my side 💜