47. No More Fear

The next morning no one found out that Jungkook was missing. Because for the past few weeks, no one bothered his existence in the Mansion. It was afternoon when Mr. Jeon came back home. Lady Jeon told him everything that happened during his absence. He was angry. He did not know if he was angry at the viscount or his wife for not handling the situation carefully.

He felt bad that his son had to go through such a hard time. He was angry at Jungkook for not telling him soon. He did not support this relationship, however, he would have convinced Jungkook to leave Aylesford to divert these circumstances beforehand.

The felony of Jungkook leaving the Mansion came into view when Mr. Jeon sent a maid to summon him and he was not in his room. They searched everywhere in the premises of the mansion but he was nowhere to be found. Lady Jeon was not worried at all because to her Jungkook was dead the day she came to know about his filthy relationship with the viscount.

"You should have waited for me. Now, look at what you have done. I have no idea where my son went." Mr. Jeon collapsed on the chair.

"I did not make him leave. Maybe he was too curious to resume his sinful habits." lady Jeon muttered.

"What kind of mother you are? Children make mistakes, it doesn't mean that we disown them. We must guide them."

"He is beyond guidance, he is no child but a grown man who has lost his path. He is not my child. There is no difference between him and a stray dog."

"Enough of this. I will not hear another word." Mr. Jeon raised his hand in the air.

"If you are so desperate to find your beloved son, why not ask his so-called lover? The astray man that we are bound to follow." Lady Jeon mocked.

Mr. Jeon clenched fists. However, Taehyung was the only one who could tell him about his son. So without any further delay, he left.

------------------------------------------------------

It was evening when Taehyung managed to find his way home after seeing off Jungkook. It is hard to say goodbye to your beloved when you do not know the next time to see each other. Taehyung managed all the courage he had to do the deed. He held himself back from shedding tears, because for Jungkook's sake he had to stay strong.

After Jungkook boarded the ship, Taehyung broke down in tears. Although he had a glimmer of hope that he will see his lover soon and with Jimin's help he was able to find his way back home.

He saw a bunch of people gathered at the front door of the Mansion. A servant came running to him as soon as he saw his horse.

"My lord we have to take the back route. It is not safe."

"What is this all about? Why these people are here?"

"They have been here since this morning they are demanding to see you. They want answers." the servant said.

"Then I shall give them the answers." Taehyung had enough of this facade.

"No my lord, lady Kim ordered to get you inside Mansion safely. Please try to understand." the servant pleaded.

"No, I will face it. Hiding from this is not going to solve anything." Taehyung whipped his horse.

People started whispering as soon as they saw Taehyung stepping down from his horse.

"What this gathering is about?" Taehyung questioned the group of people.

A man in his forties stepped out, he was head of the people's committee. "You owe us some answers."

"I do not owe you any answers."

"Is that so? Did you forget that you are a public figure, probably the one who is representing us? You are bound to answer us about your actions."