Three

"Father" Alicent smiles kissing her father's cheek when he arrives in Kingslanding the day after Rhaenyra left to Dragonstone with her family "thank you for coming back"

"Of course" Otto smiles down at her daughter "anything for this family, now" looking around "tell me all that has happened?"

"Mommy!" Alicent and Otto look over seeing Aelin come over with a servant, Aelin is holding a bouquet of different flowers.

"Father" Alicent introduces the two "this is Aelin, my sweetling" Alicent picks Aelin up who still has a smile on her face "before me is your grandfather"

"The new Hand!" Aelin holds some flowers out "Hello Grandfather, I picked some flowers for you. Some daisies, some lilies, some tulips"

Otto takes the flowers from her "Thank you, it's a pleasure to meet you" Otto was told how Aelin reached out so she can feel people's faces to distinguish them from others "how did you know I came here as the Hand of the King?" Otto and Alicent haven't said a word about it since Alicent wished for it to be a surprise.

Aelin shrugs her shoulders "Last night I dreamt of you accepting the position, that father is to ask you soon when you go into the throne room to be the new hand"

Otto looks to Alicent "Is she like Helaena? Can she see visions of the future?" Otto has suspected from what Daerion told him before Daerion left to Old Town, that he overheard the Maesters suspecting Helaena having dragon dreams.

"I do not know" Alicent says

Ser Arrick comes forward bowing "Your Grace, Your Highness, my Lord" he says "the king has heard of your arrival and wishes for you to be in the throne room at once"

The group soon is there where Aelin is taken to her siblings side, Aemond holds Aelin as the king is on his throne "Lord Otto Hightower, welcome back" Viserys smiles, he has been thinking it over and after much thought and with Alicent's help "I wish to make it known that I need of a new hand, will you be my new hand?"

Otto nods his head smiling "I would be honored, my king" The king has one of the kingsguard hand Otto the pin.

People at court clap for the new hand "Also" The king announces "I wish to announce that Aegon the second of House Targaryen and Helaena of House Targaryen shall be wed within the next year" people clap and cheer while said two people just stare shocked then looked to each other feeling disgust go over them "while my youngest daughter Aelin of House Targaryen shall be betrothed to her elder brother Aemond of House Targaryen, that when Aelin becomes one and four they shall wed" unlike Aegon and Helaena, Aemond and Aelin smile brightly.

"We're betrothed?" Aelin jumps up and down, turning around and hugs her brother who hugs her back.

"Congratulations" Aegon and Helaena tells them

"You as well" Aelin tells her brother and sister.

~Time Skip~

Alicent holds Aelin as they stand near the cliffs of Driftmark, watching as the empty coffin of Laena Velaryon be prepared to be dropped into the Narrow Sea. The listen to Ser Vaemond Velaryon give a speech about how Laena had two true born Velaryon children, insulting Rhaenyra and her sons who are bastards in High Valyrian.

Daemon soon laughs when he realizes what Vaemond is doing. It's obvious to everyone with how Jacaerys and Lucerys do not share the same features as Laenor Velaryon. Many believe that Jacaerys could be Laenor's since Rhaenys Targaryen's mother was a Baratheon, but even she had purple eyes while the boys have dark hair and dark eyes.

Aelin flinches hearing the rope be tugged hard, ready to bring the coffin into the ocean. She holds onto her mother's arm hearing the stone coffin scream hint against the stone of the cliff. Hearing a loud splash, Alicent holds onto her daughter tightly before Aegon comes over to carry Aelin back to the castle where people will talk since they funeral is over.

"We have nothing in common" Aegon complains as he and Aemond watch Helaena play with a spider muttering.

"Dragons of flesh" Helaena in a trance "weaving dragons of thread. Hand turns loom; spool of green...spool of black"

"She's our sister" Aemond tells Aegon as Aelin grabs a shell to feel it.

"You marry her then" Aegon says "and I'll marry Aelin"

"No" Aemond argues "Aelin is my betrothed, not yours"

"Jealous?" Aegon teases, cause deep down he is jealous how Aemond is to marry Aelin and not him.

"Us marrying our sisters strengthens the family" reminding Aegon of their nature "keeps our Valyrian blood pure"

"She's an idiot" Aegon scoffs

"She's your future queen" Aemond looks at him

"Aegon, Aemond" Aelin stands up and goes to their voices, holding her hand out Aemond takes her hand and pulls her close "who is that dragon that is upset?"

"That is Vhaegar" Aemond tells her "Lady Laena was her rider" he's thinking about how he could claim Vhaegar, since no one else is. Rhaena could have claimed Vhaegar in the few weeks since her mother has passed but hasn't.

"We do" Aegon trades his empty cup for a new one, eyeing the servant who looks at him nervously "have one thing in common, we both fancy creatures with long legs"

"Is Aegon drunk?" Aelin asks Aemond smelling something foul come from Aegon.

"He is" Aemond confirms "what's this?" He sees the shell in her hand.

Aelin smiles "I believe it's called a sea shell, I asked mother and she said that I could gather some before we leave. Can you help me?"

"You wish to do it right now?" Aemond asks, she nods her head showing the empty satchel she has "Let is give our condolences first"

Aemond holds Aelin's hand walking over to Lord Corlys and his wife Princess Rhaenys, they look their way "Our condolences" Aemond tells them "for your daughter"

"We heard stories" Aelin tells them "she seemed like a wonderful person"

"Thank you" Rhaenys tells them, they nod their heads before walking away. Aelin stops and pulls away from Aemond to go to Daemon, Aemond is beside her as Daemon sees the two before him.

"Hello" Aelin reaches out and holds her hand out to Daemon who is silent "Aemond?"

"We are before our Uncle Daemon" Aemond tells her "our condolences for your wife and child"

Aelin takes Daemon's hand "It was nice meeting you" Aemond pulls Aelin away, the two going down to the beach "he's a very troubled man" Aelin tells Aemond as the two are far enough away "he loves Rhaenyra—their going to be naked together tonight"

"How do you know?" Aemond asks

She shrugs her shoulders "I don't know, I just do" stopping "are we by any shells?"

"We are" the two start to sort through the shells, Aemond looks over to Vhaegar who is sleeping. Planning on claiming Vhaegar tonight.