Twenty-Two

"Will you call upon Penelope?" Jaehaera asks Demetri as the two are in a carriage going to Grovesnor Square while Aemond, Felix and Aelin are in their room spending time with one another.

"I am" Demetri agrees "I don't plan on marrying her but in this age Jaehaera, she will appear more desirable if a lord a mysterious very handsome foreign lord calls upon her"

"This is very nice of you" Jaehaera says before going into one of her dragon dreams "feathers hide the deviousness. Feathers hide the deviousness" getting out of her dream she sees Demetri stares at her.

"Feathers hide the deviousness?" He asks, Jaehaera shrugs her shoulders "is this about Miss Penelope being Lady Whistledown?"

"Did you track her?" Jaehaera asks

He nods his head "I was curious as to who would be so bold, it's a reason I believe men would find Penelope Featherington to be worth their time instead of ignoring her based on her weight and the colors she is forced to wear"

"Is that why you bought her a puppy?" Jaehaera asks scratching the small corgi's head "and brought some peonies? Though why two bouquets?"

"Thought about getting her a kitten but decided on a puppy" he said "one for her mother...now, why are you out? Are you trying to avoid your parents?"

"I couldn't sleep from their...love making" Demetri chuckles since when he arrived back at the castle from hunting he found Jaehaera in his room hiding with her ears covered, he then heard moans and banging come from Aelin's, Aemond's and Felix's room "you should know, you covered my ears"

"Did you make any friends last night?" He asked

"That Daphne" she says "I plan on visiting her" when the carriage stops, Demetri makes sure Jaehaera went into the Bridgerton house before going to the Featherington one.

Once there he goes in and hears his name "Lord Demetri Volturi, calling for a Miss Penelope Featherington" he walks in to see Penelope standing.

"Miss Featherington" he greets "Lady Featherington. Peonies for you both"

"Thank you" Lady Featherinton smiles "My lord"

"Yes, thank you" Penelope takes them, the Featherington's watch as Penelope and Demetri speak.

"I also brought" He shows her a puppy "his name is Rocky"

"He's beautiful, thank you" Penelope takes the puppy "so, Lord Volturi? Do you come from a large family?"

"I do, indeed" he confirms "I have five brothers and five sisters, you actually met my niece last night—Jaehaera"