Thirty-Nine

~Aelin's POV~

"Your grace" Lord Stannis is before me as I'm rocking my son in my arms looking out to the ocean from the balcony "I have received word from my brother Robert, he is enraged to say the least. He wants you all dead and the dragons to be his"

"Your brother is an idiot" looking his way "I have not done anything nor has my family, Dragonstone belongs to Targaryens and the only way he is even on the throne is by being part Targaryen. Oh" snapping my fingers "assassins have probably been sent to Winterfell" Jaehaera told me what the truth was through a letter, that he was born to Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark through lust "Demetri!" Demetri runs in then having Stannis jump "go to Winterfell and get Jaehaera and Jon, bring them back to Dragonstone"

"And if they don't wish to come?" He asks "you know their rebellious, especially Jaehaera"

"Tell then that Robert sent assassins" I order him "then tell Lord Stark that until Robert and his idiocy has been dealt with, that Jon will be safer here on Dragonstone" nodding his head Demetri runs out of the room. Looking at Stannis "thank you Stannis for all that you've done to help this adjustment period for my family. Your actions have not gone unnoticed"

"Thank you, your Grace" he thanks me "I only ask for one thing. The Stormlands, to be recognized as it's true lord"

Nodding my head "and you will be"

~A Month Later~

"Something calling you to the egg?" I ask Jon, he jumps nearly dropping the egg but places it back. It has been a month since Jon came to Dragonstone, it's been an adjustment for not only him but for the other four Targaryens. Viserys from what I'm told, he was taken to the Wall and was ordered to take the Black unless he wanted to die. The people the Targaryens were with had a chest filled with six dragon eggs so we placed them here with the other eggs, protected by magic. We've also gone to that one place Aemond and I were at before to gather more dragon eggs that we found, in total there is over thirty dragon eggs in this room.

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be" shaking my head, walking over to him to pick up the egg then handed it to him "Jon tell me, what do you feel when you hold this egg? Don't think too much, but just tell me. What's the first thing that comes to your mind?"

He's silent before saying "Alive...the egg is also warm"

Stroking his hair in a loving way, Jon looks at me "Only a dragon lord could have sensed it, keep holding the egg Jon" looking at the green egg, I use my fire power to hatch the egg. When we hear it hatch, Jon let's out some tears as a baby dragon is hatched "congratulations Jon, this baby dragon. He is yours"

Jon looking at me shaking "I couldn't"

"You could and you can" nodding my head "he is yours Jon, now...what is his name?"

Jon stated at the dragon before saying "Rhaegal, after my birth father" he wipes the tears that come down his face.

"Come" waving my hand out of the room "let's introduce Rhaegal to the others" Rhaegal screeches in Jon's arms before going to his shoulder. When we go into the dining room, everyone looks our way "Everyone meet Rhaegal—Jon's dragon"

"Congratulations" my kids come over to congratulate them.

I go over to the other Targaryens "you four will one day have dragons too, don't be disappointed" looking at Katerina "see Katerina, your children will bond to dragons like Jon has right now"

"Can outsiders bond with dragons?" She asks

"A few rare instances" nodding my head "but in those cases there was always some form of Valyrian blood or the dragon was old enough and recognized the person beforehand" looking at Jon who sits down and feeds his dragon some food.