Twenty-Three

~Jaehaera's POV~

"Why" Uncle Demetri asks me "are we back here?" We are in London right now with the ton while mom and dads are back home in Volterra mourning over Alyssane. It has been a few decades since her passing, mom went into this coma like space that dads and grandmother refused to Aenar or Aerion or I near mom. I want to go near mom but no one lets us.

"For the season" I say "and besides I need time to take my mind off of what's happening at home"

"Jaehaera" Uncle Demetri sighs "your mom needs time and your fathers are keeping you away because their afraid"

"Afraid of what?" I ask

"Their afraid that your mother is succumbing to the Targaryen madness" father told me once about it, how half of our family went crazy "they don't want you or the boys around if she is"

"What will happen to her?" I ask, Demetri doesn't say anything "Uncle?"

"The best case is lock her away" he said "only people that your fathers approve of go near her"

"Worst case?" I'm afraid to ask. He is silent "No" shaking my head "you can't mean" I start to cry and Uncle Demetri holds me when I do. I can't lose mom, I already lost so much that I can't lose her too.

"Your mother is strong" he assured me "she overcame her...disability, she overcame a war, she has overcome so much that she will be fine in the end"

"What is fine?" I ask

"Come on Jaehaera" he waves his arm "let's go find you a husband" I laugh since fathers will be irate if they hear I get engaged.

~Aemond's POV~

"I want another baby" we look at Aelin in shock, it's the first time she's spoken in over a decade. Felix and I are in the throne room when Aelin appears.

"Aelin?" Mother asks, Aelin looks over to mother who was reading. She goes over and hugs Aelin who hugs her back "your awake"

"I miss her" Aelin whispered

"I do too" mother agrees with her "but trust me, it'll get easier. You have your other children and you need to be strong for them"

Aelin looks at Felix and I "I want another baby"

"Excuse us" I tell everyone as Felix and I pull Aelin out into the hall, when we are out here we look at her "Issa jorrāelagon" rubbing her arm "having another baby won't replace Alysanne"

"I know" she agrees, but does she? "I just want to move forward, I don't want to be in pain"

"Maybe" Felix suggests "we travel" Aelin looks at him "we travel to the New World, America is what they call it. There is this new boat called the Titanic, we can take a much needed vacation"

"The Titanic?" She asks

I nod my head "You've missed much since you went into your...coma" she stares between us "let's spend some us time before we think about trying for another baby"

"Alright" she agrees "but...but what about the kids? I need to see...I need to see them"

"Jaehaera is with Demetri in London" Felix tells her

"And" I add "the twins are in Egypt visiting the pyramids" they said something about wanting to visit a ham and up place. Whatever that means.

"Do you think Alyssane's egg would have hatched?" She asks, since she died we haven't attempted to hatch her egg. We planned to when Aelin got out of her depression.

"It probably would have" I confirm "come on, there is much you need to know about the world your in now"