Nine

"I'm surprised" I tell Helaena as we sit down in her chambers, Jaehaera and Jaehaerys are on the floor playing with the nanny "father is even still alive-how much longer none of us know" it's been a few months since my wedding to Aemond, I've been getting dreams of his man who is huge and a thunderous voice, cold to touch and calls me il mio bellissimo drago. I don't know what it means but I don't wish to worry Aemond so I don't say anything.

"Yes" she agrees "soon" she places her hand on my belly "you too shall know the joys of motherhood" yes, about a month ago Aemond and I found out we were expecting a child. A boy I hope, Aemond thinks it's to be a girl. But deep down I know it's a boy.

"It's crazy" I tell her "how much I love my child, I haven't met him but I love him so much and will do anything to protect him"

"Yes" she agrees "our children shall only be months apart" Helaena she's pregnant again, her last child she tells me.

We hear the door open and mother's voice fills the room "Where is Aegon?"

"He isn't here" I tell mother "what is going on?"

"He's not in his rooms" Grandfather says

"What" I ask "what has happened?" The only reason they are both here and asking for Aegon is because... "Is father dead?"

"My darlings" mother touches my face with her hand "I'm so sorry"

"There is a beast" Helaena says "a beast beneath the boards"

"Is it true?" We hear Aemond's voice

"Aegon must have left the keep" I say "go to where no one would suspect" I have a feeling he's hiding in the least likely place. Standing up "excuse me"

~Time Skip~

"Hopefully he'll stop drowning himself in cups" I hope to Aemond as we wait in the Great Sept for Aegon to come over. After a couple days, Aegon was found hiding "I have a bad feeling"

"Don't worry" Aemond places a hand on my belly which according to Aemond has popped, that I'm showing now "I will protect you and our daughter"

"Son" correcting him

"I'm guessing" I ask Aemond "things are well?" Just as I ask that people scream and a loud crash is heard. Aemond places his body before mine "what's going on?"

"Princess Rhaenys" Aemond tells me

"Protect Helaena and Aelin" mother ordered, I hold onto Aemond since I doubt my fire would help against a dragon. It might anger Meleys and she could kill us.

"What's happening?" I ask, when things quiet down.

"She left" Aemond tells me "Rhaenys left"

"To tell Rhaenyra" I say, worry fills me. This was the danger I dreamt of months back before I claimed Nyx.

"I" Aemond promises "won't let anything bad happen to you or our child"

"For the first time in my life" I tell Aemond "I'm scared" before I didn't have to worry as much, but now I have our unborn child to think about.