Six

Miles and miles of golf and jewels. This is amazing, I mean how does Aelin know this was here? "Do not" Aelin warns me "touch anything Aemond"

"What?" I ask as she goes down the steps, she holds me hand as we go past mountains of gold. I see weapons that look like Valyrian Steel just waiting to be used. Jewels fit for a queen are all around us "Aelin, I don't know if you know but there is so much treasure all around us"

"Exactly" she stops to look at me "we came for one thing and one thing only, something much more valuable than gold"

"What?" I ask, I mean all of this it's just...oh my gods. I would take something but Aelin pulls me along until she says "open the chest"

"What?" I ask

"Is there a chest before us?" She asks

"Yes" I see this large chest before us "you want me to open it?"

"Yes" she says, I do and my eyes widen when I see ten dragon eggs "are there dragon eggs? Ten of them?"

"How do you know that?" I ask, she reached down and picks one of them up smiling before setting it back. Closing it she whistles something, okay? She needs to explain "Aelin—what"

We hear noise and look over, I see this black dragon fly towards us before landing on the chest. It roars out to us and Aelin holds her hand out, the dragon presses his head to her "I had a dream" she says "about this place...this is my new dragon: Nyx" the dragon I see before me has four legs and wings. Nothing like the dragons I'm use to seeing "she's a baby, the eggs Aemond—we need to bring them home and keep them safe for there is a war approaching"

 Nothing like the dragons I'm use to seeing "she's a baby, the eggs Aemond—we need to bring them home and keep them safe for there is a war approaching"

~Nyx~

"War?" I ask, I know my sister is like Helaena with her dreams but Aelin's aren't so vague or cryptic.

She nods her head "I don't know when or how it starts but the feeling of a war is coming upon us—now the eggs" I pick up the chest before leaving, how did she find this place? I mean...seven hells.

~Aelin's POV~

"Sister" Aemond says "we need to get these eggs to a"

"Dragons will live a long time" cutting Aemond off as we hide the dragon eggs in my room, my dragon Nyx is on my bed sleeping. When we arrived back to the Red Keep, it took an hour to get to my chambers since I didn't want anyone knowing about my new dragon or the dragon eggs "do not fear, brother"

There is a knock on the door "Come in" I call, the door opens and I hear someone sigh relieved "hello mother"

"Where were" mother stops in her question "what is that on your bed?"

"Nyx" I call, hearing my dragon wake up and come to me when I hold out my arms. I feel my new dragon go to my arms and place her head on my shoulder "mother meet Nyx, my new dragon"

"Your...new" she screeches "what?!"

"It is true" Aemond is by my side having me face mother "we went to Dragonstone" really, the truth? "Aelin bonded with this baby dragon"

"At least it isn't the Cannibal" I joke, the room is silent "mother isn't happy, is she?" Whispering

"I'm shocked" she says "and please...for the sake of my sanity, tell me you two didn't do anything"

"Don't worry" Aemond assured her "we didn't marry or did I defile her" I hear mother sigh relieved.

"Mother?" I ask "since Nyx is a baby"

"She must be with the other dragons" mother says "in the pits, not in you room"

"What if when she's older?" I beg "she's all by a baby—I need to bond with her as much as I can"

"Fine" mother concedes "but the moment Nyx is it?" I nod my head "the moment Nyx causes trouble she is to go to the dragon pit"

I smile "Thank you, mother" I walk close and when I find my mother I kiss her cheek giving her a hug.