Sixteen

~Aelin's POV~

"I thought I lost you" Aemond holds me as our sons sleep in a crib together "Jaehaera, and our sons" Aemond isn't a vampire, we don't know what he is since the vampire venom is in him but it didn't turn him into a vampire.

"You didn't" assuring him "we are all alive...our mother?"

"A prisoner" he tells me "Rhaenyra wishes to prolong her torture. Grandfather is gone—Daerion he's gone, it's just us"

"And Jaehaera and the twins" I whisper, Aro he came in and told Aemond everything "it's just us" Aemond knows that I saved him or Felix did, but what do I do? Can I have them both? I want both Felix and Aemond. Does that sound selfish? Yes, but I want to be selfish.

"What's going on between you and that Felix?" Aemond demands

"I feel things for him" holding Aemond's hand "I love you, I will always love you" placing my free hand on his cheek "and I love Felix"

"You love him?" Aemond growls

"It's hard to explain" I say "but when I'm with him, the feelings I feel for you shine just as brightly—do you...do you think you and Felix could compromise? Both be in my life?"

Aemond is silent "Possibly" he concedes "first, where's Jaehaera?"

"She's" I point to someplace "she's" but everything becomes hazy, my head can't form anything and the next thing I hear is someone yelling my name.

I'm in this large place, running my hands over the place I realize I'm in the Red Keep. Walking to the main hall, I stop to see a bunch of people look my way "Aelin" I recognize the voice, looking over I see a woman come over. Placing my hand on her face "my little sister"

"Helaena?" I ask, pulling her into a hug.  I cry holding her "Where am I?"

"Doesn't matter" shaking her head "right now, what's important is that you need to go back. Your family needs you"

"Before you go" looking over, I see a woman who looks different from everyone else hand me a book. I know it's a book because I know what books feel like "here"

"Will I ever see you again?" I ask Helaena

"Not for a long time" she tells me

Gasping awake, things seem different. Before it was complete darkness but now this bright light makes me squint my eyes. Feeling something in my hands it's a book. Setting the book next to me, I get up and move my head around seeing...what exactly am I seeing? Why don't I see darkness?

"Seven hells" I hear Aemond say, moving my head over "your eyes...their—you can see"

"What?" I ask, I see this man who's voice sounds like Aemond's hand me something. Looking I put the thing up and my eyes it's this color that is like Helaena's but different.

(This her eye colors)

When I put the thing down, someone grabs my face and opens my eye lids "The venom" the man, Carlisle—the vampire who drinks animal blood—stops touching me "it healed her sight, she can see"

"It's a miracle" Aemond's voice rings

"What?" I ask "what's going on?" I see many figures here "why is nothing dark and why—"

"Aelin" a cold hand takes mine, looking at tall guy says. Felix "You ability to see has been restored"

"What?" I ask, tears run down my face "I can see?"