Thirty-Eight

~Jon's POV~

"Your mother is Lyanna!" I stopped when father yelled that, looking back at the man who I've been calling father "your father is Rhaegar Targaryen, your was infatuated with your father. He never raped her, I'm sorry Jon—I lied to protect you, if I didn't Robert would have had you killed"

"My mother" I repeat "was Lyanna Stark?"

"Your mother—my sister died hours after birthing you" the man takes a step closer to me but I take one back, he stops to stare at me "she didn't want to marry Robert, she and your birth father Rhaegar got married in secret. Rhaegar took a second wife. Elia Martell was fine with it since she wanted a bunch of children but after her son Aegon she couldn't have anymore. I'm so sorry Jon, I never wanted you to find out"

That angers me "I had a right to know"

Nodding his head "I was going to have told you...when I was dying in person or by letter, I only ever wanted to protect you"

"I" shaking my head, I walk away not knowing how to process this.

Going to the crypts as I hear Lady Stark who isn't aunt yell "You mean I've been treating my new ogre horribly! That I prayed to the gods years ago to kill your nephew all because you lied to me!"

"You did what?!" Father—my uncle demands from Lady Stark. When I'm before the crypt that holds Lyanna Stark, I stare at her face wishing I could have met her.

"Your the heir of the Seven Kingdoms" looking over seeing Robb here with Theon.

"I don't want to be" shaking my head "I was raised a bastard"

"You were raised better than most bastards" Theon leans against the wall "we came down to see how your doing"

"I wish I could have met her" looking back to the statue that holds my dead mother "I want to be angry with him but I'm grateful, he kept me safe"

"It's okay to be angry Jon" Robb says "your entire life is a lie, the whole Rebellion was a lie. The only person anyone should be angry at is Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, if only Lyanna told the truth then no one would be dead"

"How he can even look at me" looking at the man I called a brother and the other man a friend "how I'm a living reminder"

"He can look at you" we see Jaehaera my family down here "because he loves you Jon, it wasn't your fault—I for one am glad to have more family" she hugs me, I don't know how to respond so she pulls back.

"Did you know" Robb asks her "about Jon's parentage?"

Shaking her head no "My brother Aenar and our mother Aelin, we've been having dreams about Jon here. We didn't know what his face looked like but we knew he had dark hair and that his name is Jon Snow. Though what is your birth na" she trails off, her eyes glowing blue. Okay...her eyes are glowing.

"Everyone" Theon asks "sees the glowing eyes right?"

Jaehaera smiles "Jaehaerys, that is your birth name"

"Jaehaerys?" I ask

Nodding her head "Do you still want to be called Jon or start being called Jaehaerys?" What do I want to be called? "You know you don't have to decide right now right?"

"Jon" they look at me "I was named Jon by my father because he named me after a man who he viewed as a second father, I'm not going to change it—Lord Stark raised me, he is still my father"