Twenty

~Bella's POV~

"Is that" I point at a picture I see of three vampires kings dressed in gold like attire on a balcony looking down upon the humans. An angry light blonde near white colored hair with pale skin and red eyes who just looking at him sends chills up my spine, a dark haired man who looks like a rat with pale skin and red eyes in the middle who seems to be the leader, and finally a dark haired man who is the oldest it appeared when he was turned with red eyes and pale skin who seems like the definition of depression itself. The artist really captured these vampires when he painted this—but what stands out is a vampire in the corner "is that Carlisle?"

"Yeah" Edward confirms "he lived with them for a few decades—described them as very refine, no respect for human life of course but a respect for the arts and the sciences at least. And above all, the law"

They have laws? "Vampires have laws?"

"Not very many" he says "like all supernatural species who have laws—and only one that is regularly enforced"

"What is it?" I ask

"That we keep the existence of supernaturals" he says "a secret—we don't make spectacles of ourselves, we don't kill conspicuously. Unless of course you want to die, the revelation of supernaturals is one that all species agree upon"

"There's more supernaturals than just you?" I ask

He nods his head "Witches, Shifters, Dragons"

"Dragons?" I ask "impossible" shaking my head.

Edward chuckles "This family" he points to in the painting "Carlisle could tell you more about them but..." he points to a group of people with purple or blue eyes, pale skin and white hair. Only two people, both with dark hair and pale skin are vampires from their red eyes. There's a man with an eyepatch who has long hair and a blue eye, a woman with long white hair who looks kind she has purple eyes, two twins one with blue and one with purple set of eyes, and in the middle a woman with purple eyes who seems to be the leader "these are the Targaryen's"

"Targaryens?" I ask, he nods his head. What an odd name? "Do they turn into dragons?"

He chuckles "No, these five" the white haired ones "they are Dragon Lords I believe their called. They can ride dragons which they have, only supernaturals or those who know about supernaturals can see the dragons. I've never seen one but the one in the middle, she's the mother of dragons—their also royalty"

"What's her name?" I ask pointing to the one in the middle.

"That's Aelin Targaryen" he says "her mates are Aemond the one with one eye and Felix Targaryen, the executioner. This one" he points to the large man "their children Jaehaera" someone named their child that? How unfortunate for the child "and their sons Aenar and Aerion" what unfortunate names these people have "and this is their mother Alicent. Their immortal—from what I know they don't need blood to survive, have children and are immune to fire" Fire immunity? How do I become like them?

~Time Skip~

I'm silent when Carlisle burns the blood and glass from when I was pushed into the wall, I purposely cut my finger in hopes that I could be turned. Unfortunately no "Carlisle?" He looks my way "The Targaryen family" he looks to the painting where the family is together "Edward said they can control dragons?"

He nods his head "They can" crossing his arms "I've seen their dragons and they do breathe fire. The Targaryens came from another world, no one knows how or why but they came here. Aelin is the leader, her brother and husband"

"I'm sorry?" I ask, I thought I misheard him.

He looks my way "Their family for generations practiced incest" gross, I mean gross "their mother Alicent has a gift for knowing when someone is telling the truth or not. Aelin, her daughter and son Aenar the one with purple eyes—they can see the future"

"Like Alice?" I ask

He nods his head "Their visions unlike Alice's aren't subjective to a person's actions, whatever they see will happen. There is no changing what they see—only Aelin's will you understand them since they mostly talk in riddles when they talk of their visions. Also unlike Alice who uses her visions all the time, their's is like a reflex which can happen at any moment or any time"

"How big are their dragons?" I ask "How many are there?"

"Their are six dragons" he tells me "the oldest one is Vhaegar she is ridden by Aemond, she this large green dragon. Then you have Morghul who is ridden by Jaehaera, he is a green dragon as well but a lighter shade of green from Vhaegar and not as large. You have Nyx who is ridden by Aelin, a massive black dragon. Then you have Viseron who is a large blue dragon, his rider is Aenar. Finally here is Hellfyre, he is ridden is a large black dragon ridden by Aerion"

"What do they feed them?" I ask, I mean what do dragons eat?

"The dead humans" I stare at Carlisle in horror "the humans the Volturi kill, instead of dumping their bodies they have the bodies be brought to the dragons to feed them. I send the dead animals we kill to them to keep a peace between us and them"

"Have you ever drank"

"No" he stops me "Dragons are territorial and aggressive Bella, only a fool who isn't a dragon rider or someone a dragon knows would go near one—alps their blood is like fire and Aelin warned me that if I or any vampire attempted to kill the dragons that she would reign fire and blood."

"What happened to his eye?" I ask after some time

"His nephew cut it out when he was ten years old" I'm sorry? What? "The Targaryen's have a complicated history, but know this Bella" he warns "given who they are and there history, they will do whatever to protect their family and dragons. Especially Aelin, she will kill you if she sees you as a threat—she's known as the Dragon Queen" looking at the painting and the only thing I can think of is curiosity for this family.