Thirty-Six

~Aemond's POV~

This Stannis Baratheon hands Aelin a book called the Dance of Dragons. It's the story of the civil war that all but destroyed our house and the dragons "Why" Mother demands "is a Baratheon claiming my children's birthright?" It has been ten minutes since arriving back to Westeros and everything has changed so much, apparently the Targaryens are in exile.

Sitting across from us at the table "His name was Rhaegar Targaryen, the last known dragon. He would have been king if he didn't kidnap then raped my brother's betrothed Lyanna Stark all for some prophecy to have the Prince of Ice and Fire be born"

We look at mother and she nods her head "Do you think" mother asks "Rhaegar kidnapped this Lyanna?"

Shaking his head "My brother is a drunk, he takes women to his bed either willingly or by force. He thinks Lyanna loved him but she was infatuated with Rhaegar who had a wife at the time, Elia Martell with two children. Rhaenys and Aegon. It's rumored that the Lannisters had them killed but no one can prove it"

"How?" Demetri asks "how did the children die? This Elia?"

Stannis is silent before saying "There is this man who is called the Mountain, about as big as your King Consort Felix. He is a savage. It's said that he raped Elia before bashing Aegon who was a babe into the wall. Rhaenys another guard raped her and she was all but five when this happened before stabbing her repeatedly"

"My gods" mother covers her mouth and stomach.

"Are there any living Targaryens?" Aelin asks

"Five" he says "Viserys is the oldest, then there is Baelor who is a year younger than Viserys, the youngest ones are Daenerys and her younger twin Hera. You also have the Mad King's bastard Kyra, she has red hair and blue eyes with pale skin. They were banished to Essos—Viserys is known as the Beggar King and we believe he has the madness gene"

Aelin leans back "Lord Stannis...would you care if you go back to the Stormlands? Be in charge of Baratheon ancestral house?"

"I would not" shaking his head "I mean no offense but Dragonstone...it is not my home, I also hold no grudge towards your family. If you wish to keep Dragonstone go ahead, but know this. Robert won't rest until all Targaryens are dead" We hear a gasp, looking over a little girl with greyscale looks at us "Shireen" Lord Stannis goes over to the girl "apologies, this is my daughter"

"She has greyscale" mother holds Aelin back

"It has been cured" Lord Stannis informs us "unfortunately she was left with a deformity, Shireen I why did you come out?"

"I" she stares at Aenar who stares at her in awe, is she his mate?

Aenar walks over to Shireen before kneeling "Hello, I'm Aenar"

"Shireen" introducing herself "is it true you have a dragon?"

Nodding his head "I do—if it's okay with your father, I can introduce you to Viseron. He's my blue dragon"

"Father?" Shireen asks him

He seems hesitant so he says "Maybe another time, why don't you go back to your room and I'll tell you a story" she nods her head.

"Bye Shireen" Aenar waves his hand

"Bye" she giggles running off, Aenar stands up and we stare at him.

"What?" Many of us scoff at that

"Lord Stannis" Aelin orders "send letters to all corners of the realm, inform them that Aelin Targaryen has risen with her family and they will be rebuilding the Targaryen dynasty with their dragons"

~Felix's POV~

"Lord Stannis?" I ask, he jumps looking my way putting a hand over his heart "may I ask you a question?"

He nods his head "Of course, your grace"

"Why do you keep your daughter locked up?" I ask "has she ever seen the world outside of her window?"

He stares at me before looking out the window "Her mother is ashamed of her, I am not. Shireen is my only child, I wish to give her the world but with her deformity"

"Stop" he looks at me as I cut him off "if you believe your daughter can overcome greyscale, then believe she is strong enough to be amongst people. Don't use her deformity as an excuse, show people you are proud of your daughter. If she were my daughter I would show her the world, have everyone see how she overcame greyscale when many others couldn't"

Leaving him, I run out of the room to see Aelin is having servants unpack her clothes in the closet from the room we were given. They're the main chambers meant for those in charge.

"Hey" Aelin smiles looking at me as Aemond has Taelon in his arms "have the kids, Katerina, mother and Demetri gotten settled yet?"

Nodding my head "Katerina is with Aerion who is still trying to convince her to marry him, Aenar is with Shireen in the library going over the stories she knows, Jaehaera is with Demetri cutting up dead bodies that we brought" we made it so that the dead bodies from Volterra or the other vampires that we feed them to the dragons. Each week the dragons eat in total about fifty humans, each mother about two hundred. "And mom is ordering servants around and yelling at Lord Baratheon's wife about how she treats Shireen, that if Aenar wishes to spend time with Shireen then he will"