Thirty-Four

~Aelin's POV~

Clapping for our children as they receive their diplomas, including Katerina who blushes at the attention she's receiving. Once the ceremony is over we go over to the kids "Congratulations" we tell them.

"Katerina" we hear a male voice, looking over a middle aged man with dark hair, facial hair and chocolate eyes with pale skin looks at her. This must be Charlie Swan.

"I thought I made it clear" the man looks at me "Katerina is no longer your concern"

"Go away Charlie" Katerina doesn't look at this Charlie as she says this, Aerion keeps his arm around her "you and Renee made it clear how you feel"

"I'm sorry Kat" this Charlie apologizes "please come home, it's not too late to fix your mistake"

"The mistake" Aerion gets in his face "you speak of are my children, Katerina is my girlfriend and last I checked no longer your girlfriend. Come near her again and I'll end you"

"Katerina is my daughter whose life she destroyed when she decided to be a whore and"

"Katerina is apart of this family not yours" Aemond interrupts "you just called her a whore, from what we know the children took precautions but in your mind she didn't. If anything you should look at that other daughter of yours"

"My Bella is an angel" Charlie argues

"She isn't anything but that" Katerina tries hard not to cry "but your too blinded to see, it's a wonder how your even chief of police given how you can't discipline your own daughter. Your a terrible father" he slaps Katerina, people look our way when he did that.

He stares at her as there is a red handprint on her face "You will watch" but Aerion just tackled him and begins to punch him, Jaehaera, mother and I try to console Katerina since I can't believe he would do this in such a public place.

People try to pull Aerion off of the man, the blood singer cries as she pleads for him to stop crying "Katerina!" The human begs "he's going to kill dad!"

"Let him die" Katerina says "he is no father of mine"

Mom who was staring looks like she's reliving a memory, when Aemond and Felix pull Aerion off of the human he is so badly injured that his face is unrecognizable. People stare at us as Aerion brings Katerina into his arms.

"Let's go" I order, people give us room as we leave. The blood singer goes to her father crying as we hear his heart beating strongly but he's having a hard time breathing.

~Katerina's POV~

"Will Aerion be alright?" I ask Jaehaera as we pack up my things, she and Aenar are helping me pack up the things I want to bring with to Westeros. When we leave, we don't plan on coming back here. This is the past, I need to move on.

"He will" Aenar assured me. After the graduation, we quickly went to the Cullen home where only I could calm Aerion down "if Aerion didn't beat the shit out of that human one of us would have"

"Do we have everything?" Jaehaera asks

I look around my old room and think before remembering one thing that I have in the house but I refused to get, I hid it there when I was younger but now? Nope, not going back "There's something in the attic and basement that I want but I'm not going there"

"Why?" Aenar

"I'm pretty sure this place is haunted" they look at me amused "I'm serious, weird shut ales He happens here"

"Come on" Aenar waves his hand "stay by our sides, okay?" We go to the attic first, opening the door we use a flashlight going upstairs. Jaehaera holds my hand as we look around the place.

"What do you want?" Jaehaera asks

"It's this old jewelry box that my grandmother gave me" I tell them "she told me to never let Bella have it, there were a lot of things that my grandmother didn't want Bella having" I jump when something falls over. We look over to see a mirror, the cloak falling off "By any chance" I ask "was that the wind?"

"Let's grab the box" Aenar orders

Looking around, I see it and point to it. Aenar grabs the box but I see something run off along with a giggle "Everyone else" I ask "heard that giggle right?"

"Let's go" Jaehaera orders, we quickly leave the attic. The door slams shut that my heart beats rapidly "did you close the door?"

"I didn't" shaking his head "I thought you did"

"Can we leave?" I ask. Nodding their heads, we stuff the things in the car before driving off. I see a little girl in the window "Can we burn that house?"

"Yes" they both say

Once we are back, I run into Aerion's arms shaking "What happened?"

"The Swan house is haunted" Aenar tells him "I realized we never got that one thing you wanted"

"I wanted to get this book of every Swan member" I say

"Tell is what it looks like" Jaehaera offers "we'll get it while you stay here" they go back but this time they took the dragons with them. When they come back, I smile at the book and the box that it was in.

"Did you destroy the house?" Aerion asks

Nodding their heads yes "there is no more Swan house, also it turns out that there was a corpse in the house that we got rid of" thank god.

The Blind DragonOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara