METRO BOOMIN

"last name please?" The older lady asks. I look once more at the time on my phone before saying "cole" she then types on her computer searching for our reservation. "Cole party of....two?" She asks looking at me through her glasses. I nod feeling embarrassed by her judgmental stare. She hums and picks up two adult menus leading me to the table. I thank her quietly after sitting down. Once she leaves I quickly go on my phone texting Leland.

'where are you?'

I don't get a response back making me nervous. The waitress comes to the table placing down the complementary bread before pulling out her notepad. "I'm Mandy and I will be your sever tonight. What can I get you to drink?" She asks sweetly smiling at me. I look down at the menu even though I already know what I want. "u-uhm just two waters please" I say shakily before setting the menu down. She smiles once more before leaving to get the drinks.

I sigh and run my hands over my face. My social anxiety is not helping the situation. My phone buzzes making me pull it up hastily. But I end up being disappointed seeing it was just an instagram notification. I open our texts and text him again.

'are you still at the studio?'

'hello?'

I put my phone down and look around the restaurant to see if anyone was looking at me. Seeing no one watching I take a deep breath to calm myself down. The waitress comes back with the waters and puts them down. She looks between me and the empty seat across then clears her throat before saying "Do you want to wait for them or just order?" She asks I look at her to see her giving me a reassuring smile. "I think he'll be here soon" I lied giving her a small smile. She walks away leaving me to stare down my phone waiting for Leland to text me back.

***

"ight gang, see you tomorrow" Rocky says dapping up Leland and walking out of the studio. Leland stretches and grabs his phone seeing as he hasn't checked it since Rocky got there. He taps the screen but it stays black. He smacks he teeth and rolls around in his chair looking for a charger. Seeing one he immediately plugs his phone in and rolls back to the soundboard. Might as well work on a couple songs while he waits.

After about 10 mintues working on a track and getting it to where he likes it he checks on his phone powering it on. His phone turns on and starts blowing up. Most of the notifications are from instagram while the rest are texts. He opens his texts seeing y/n texted him. A smile forms on his face as he opens the text chain, but is quickly turned into a frown when he sees her texts. His heart drops as he reads the last two.

'are you not coming?'

'I left'

Not believing he missed their date he looks at the date and time. "Fuck!" He yells slamming his phone down. He missed it.

***

"are you sure your okay?" The waitress asks. I had just told her that I decided to leave. I nod and look down at the receipt. Before I can sign it she takes it away and says "its on me" I look up at her in disbelief. "are you sure cause I ca-" She cuts me off and says "I'm sure" she smiles and I smile back "thank you, have a nice night" I say getting up. "You too! Don't let him ruin your night girl" She says making me chuckle. I leave the restaurant getting into the car. I sigh and wipe my eyes not wanting to cry.

I start the car and drive off turning the radio down so I can barley hear it. I hear my phone ring but I let it ring not in the mood to talk to anyone. A tear slides down my face as I zone out.

***

"I'm sorry baby, my phone died and I didn't realize what time it was" Leland says looking at her face. It was blank but he could tell she was hurt and angry. "Leland do you know how embarrassing that was! People kept judging me" she cringes thinking about it and turns her attention back to the tv. "How could you even lose track of time I texted you and you said you where about to leave!?" She asks yelling. Leland looks down feeling guilty. He knows how y/n gets in uncomfortable situations and knowing he caused one hurt.

She starts to go on again but before she does he grabs her neck making her look at him and stop talking. "I'm sorry. It won't happen again I promise. I just lost track of time ma." He says staring into her eyes. She looks away getting nervous and feeling butterflies. She internally yells at herself but how could she not. He sighs and squeezes her neck slightly. "don't do that baby. Talk to me" Leland says watching her closely. She looks back into his eyes and folds. As much as she wanted to be mad at him she couldn't. She knew how he got when he was in the studio.

She rolls her eyes and leans into his arms. He smiles and lets go of her neck kissing her lips. She kisses back and says "that better not happen again or I'm telling yo mama" Leland smacks his teeth and tickles her making her squeal.