21 SAVAGE

As y/n makes her lunch for the day humming along to the music playing in the background her phone rings. She sighs and pauses her music. "Hel-" y/n could barley get out before her sister speaks. "y/n what did you do? Momma and daddy are so pissed at you. They won't tell me what you did." She could hear the sneer in T's voice. 

Y/n's face furrows in confusion. "T what are you talking about?" T lets out a dramatic sigh. "I'm not explaining again but momma said she was finna call you so I'm just here to warn you." Before y/n could say anything her sister hangs up the phone making her mug the phone. She just brushes off the whole conversation thinking she was just messing with her. 

She finally finishes her lunch and sits down getting on her phone to see it blowing up with thousands and thousands of notification from her friends and family. One specifically catches her eye seeing it was from her mom. 

'do you know how disappointed me and your father are in you! Do you know how this looks on us?!' another one pops up from her friend, Kennedy, making her eyes widen. 'girl why didn't you tell me you were dating 21 savage!!! Y'all so cute together boo!' Kennedy sends a screenshot of y/n sitting on Sheyaa's lap with his lips attached to her neck. My heart drops as it all comes together. 

Sheyaa and I have been together for only 5 months. We kept our relationship secret to almost everyone because of our age gap. Even though I was only 4 years younger than him my parents would see that as a 20 year gap. My parents have always been strict. Caring more about their reputation than their own kids happiness. It had always been like that.  

My breathing becomes heavy as I get more hateful texts from my parents. My vison becomes blurry and I hear a voice say "Ma? why you crying?" His face is scrunched up as he walks over to me. I show him the picture on Insta and he looks at it in confusion. "I thought something serious happened" He smacks his lips and shook his head chuckling. 

I scoff and wipe my eyes. "Sheyaa this is serious! How did this even get out?" I say frustrated at how little he cares. "Why do you ca so much? I thought you wanted people to know we is a thing" He says with a hurt face. I take a deep breathe and run my hands over my face. "Sheyaa I do but do you know how hard it is for my parents to accept that I'm with a 22 year old!" I say waving my hands around.

He says quiet for a minute and I shake my head. "if your ashamed of me then just say that" He mumbles making me groan. "Sheyaa you just don't get it!"

 "Mane if this shit is such a problem for you then lets just forget about us" He says. I quickly look up at him to see him with a angry expression. 

"w-what do y-you mean" I say as a couple tears slide down my cheek. "I'm tired of this shit y/n/n. You make me think you are embarrassed of me or some shit! I get that there's an age gap or whateva but you 18 so why does it matter. If we love each other that should be good enough!" He says raising his voice. My tears fall making making me look down. 

I understand where he's coming and I feel terrible for making him feel like that but he doesn't get how my parents are. I look back up at him to see a few tears fall from his eyes making my heart ache. We sit in silence for a few minutes before he grabs his keys from the counter. "I'll  be back later" He says quietly and I cry harder once he closes the door. 

***

It's been hours since Sheyaa left making y/n worried. She tried to take her mind of the situation by watching one of her favorite shows but it didn't help. The girl eventually gave up and decided to go to bed praying that he would come back home tonight. 

An hour or so passes and the front door is finally opened. Sheyaa sighs walking in looking around for y/n. He quietly walks up the stairs hoping to not wake her. He opens the door to the bedroom seeing her sleeping peacefully cuddled up in the sheets. He smiles lightly and walks closer. His smile is replaced with a frown when he sees her puffy red face with dried tears. He feels bad for not being understanding earlier. He shakes his head and kisses her forehead lightly going to the bathroom to get undressed. 

After getting undressed he carefully gets into the bed and slides over to y/n. He wraps his arms around her small body making her shift in her sleep. He brings his face closer to her face and her eyes peel open. She gives him a small smile and stretches out. Sheyaa chuckles and says quietly "I'm sorry mama, I shoulda been more understanding" He kisses her head and she shakes her head. "I love you Shey and I'm not ashamed of you I promise." she says and he smiles saying it back.