DUKE DENNIS

Y/n sat in her room of the AMP house bored out of her mind. Nobody was currently up because they had a all day shoot yesterday. But it was now 2 in the afternoon and still no one was up. Her boyfriend, Duke, was driving back from South Carolina and wouldn't be here until late in the evening.

"Ughhh" She groaned looking around her room. Her eyes landed on the spare fireworks she had just in case. She smirked but then rolled her eyes. It wouldn't be fun if no one was there to witness it. She huffed and crossed her arms. Then she picked up her phone calling Duke. It rung once before he answered. Y/n smiled leaning back into her bed, "hi duke"

She watched as Duke set him phone against the headboard of the car. "Wassup baby" He smiled showing his shiny diamond grills. "I'm so bored no one's up. When are you gonna be here?" she asked and he looked back at the road before answering. "uhh prolly another hour or two." Y/n pouted watching as he drove fast. "How bout you stream?" Duke said checking his mirrors. She sighed and looked out the window in her room. "yea I guess I could do that"

"Ok well I'll see you soon. I love you" Y/n said looking back into the camera to see Duke already looking at her with a big smile. She smiled back as he said "I love you too mama's. Have a good stream" she nodded her head and the stayed silent for a couple of moments not hanging up. Duke laughed making her as well. "Ok bye duke" she hung up laying her phone down on her bed.

Y/n got up going to her setup turning on her computer and her camera. She started her stream letting her intro play while she got water and some snacks. "Yooo" She said turning her stream on her face. "Decided to stream early today since nobody up" she explained while thanking subs.

Thirty minutes passed and Y/n was now reacting to music videos. She was currently reacting to Ice Spice's video to Deli. "Kai said gyat to her?" she read from her chat after learning the girl twerking was 16. Y/n died laughing while she watched the clip. "Nah he going to jail. Come get him" She said laughing.

Y/n looked back on her bed when she heard her phone ring. She got up walking over to the bed while saying, "but why is a 16 year old even doing that? When I was 16 I was at home watching spongebob. Like be for real"

She rolled her eyes seeing it was a unknown number. The thing about Y/n is that any time she gets someone's number she's going to make them a contact. Even if she just met them last night. Y/n continued the video bopping her head to the song. "Yuh yuh" She said then looked at her phone seeing it ring again.

Seeing it was the same number she frowned and contemplated on answering it. She shrugged and answered it. A woman's voice started and Y/n furrowed her eyebrows deeper than she ever had. "Hello, this is a prepaid call from- Duke- an inmate at the Canten County detention facility" The automatized voice paused. Y/n felt her heart drop. Duke in jail? She had just talked to him thirty minutes ago.

"To accept this call please press zero to decline-" Y/n removed her phone from her ear pressing zero. She looked back at the stream to see her chat questioning what was happening. She quickly muted her stream as the call connected. "y/n?" Duke spoke. Y/n rubbed her hand down her face staying silent for a second not believing this was happening. "W-what happened Duke I just talked to you thirty minutes ago!" she yelled feeling herself become anxious.

"Don't freak out y/n/n, everything's fine. I had gotten pulled over for going to fast and apparently I have a warrant for my arrest in Atl so they had to take me in." He said like it was nothing. Y/n was now stood up pacing around her room. "A warrant? O-ok s-so what does this mean? Do I need to come and bail you out? O-or?" She asks starting to get overwhelmed.

Duke sighed knowing he was overwhelming her. "They said they gonna transfer me over to the jail in Atl then someone will have to bail me out." He explained. "How will I know?" She asked picking at her finger.

"I'll get to call you when I'm there. I'm sorry mama's " He apologized feeling like she was disappointed in him. "No its fine baby. I'm just kinda shocked I guess. Are you okay?" She asked realizing she hadn't.

"Yeah don't worry about me. I gotta go. I love you y/n" He said in a soft tone. He was really missing her right now. "Ok, I love you too. Please be safe!" She said laughing slightly. "You know I will-" he got cut off and the automated voice started again. She sighed and looked down at her phone. She missed him so much already. She had no idea how long it would be until she saw him. The thought of that making her teary.

She sat back down in her chair biting on her lip while watching the chat debating on if she should end or not. She looked away wiping her watery eyes before unmuting. "I think I'm going to end for now. Some shit just happened." y/n said mumbling the last part.

She said a few more things before ending. When she turned off her camera and her computer she got up and walked over to her bed ploping down on it.

She felt empty. Even though Duke often would go to places by himself she always had a way to contact him whenever she wanted. Now she couldn't and she was terrified about what was going on in the jail.

Y/n had no doubt that he was able to get by. She knew he would be just fine but it was the waiting that killed her.

**
My leg bounced up and down as I waited for him in the waiting area in the jail. Being here made my skin crawl. The cracked walls, the musty smell in the air, and the dead bugs in the corners. To say the least it wasn't the nicest jail.

I anxiously picked at my nails, my eyes darting up to the clock on the wall for the hundredth time. It's been a week since Duke got arrested. Now I realize it wasn't that long but we haven't really been that apart for that long. And it was hard knowing where he was and that he wasn't necessarily safe.

Today was the first available day that I could bail him out and I made sure to be here as soon as I could.

"Dontavious Dennis" An officer called making me stand up and walk over to her quickly. "Here are the papers for his release. His warrant is now over and had been taken care of. That was our mistake." She said giving me a smile.

I gave her a fake one in return not really feeling happy. How did they mistakenly place a warrant for someone? Bitch has the audacity to smile while saying that shit.

I signed his release papers and handed them back to her keeping the ones that were for us.

"Ok, thank you! He should be coming out any minute now." She says and I simply nod in return going back to my seat. I look around noticing that I was the only one here. It didn't bother me, I really wasn't in the mood to deal with some old creeps.

I stare at the floor mindlessly trying to make the time go by faster. My head shot up when I heard the door open. I smiled seeing Duke with a little beard and tired eyes. I ran up to him wrapping my legs around his torso and my arms around his neck.

He wrapped his arms around me pulling me closer for a tight hug. I cried into his neck as he kissed the side of my head. I got down from him and took his face in my hands. "ugh I missed you," I said as he pulled me in for a kiss.

"Mane it wasn't even that long" He said waving me off. I mugged him while saying, "I will leave you here, stop playing wit me Duke." He put his arms up in surrender then smiles making me fold. I walk back into his hug as he does his deep laugh. "Let's go home baby!" he yells while we walk out.