Chapter 4: Ring Ring Ring

They blow the whistle

They blow the whistle. I don't move. I have my hands up in front of my face protectively, and he was doing the same. I had to think of a way to sneak up on him, I can tell he already knows about my tactics. I needed him to make the first move.

And there it was, the first move. He threw a punch at me while I was still thinking, his glove colliding with my arm. I got caught off guard, stumbling a step back.

"What's wrong, doll? You distracted by me?" He mocked me. His cocky ass was mocking me. He was trying to throw me off guard on purpose.

"Nahh, why would I be distracted? Your basic ass moves won't get you anywhere, now will they, Channie~?"

His eyes widened when I called him Channie. I took my chance and punched him in the forehead. I'm so glad punching the forehead is allowed.

"Fuck." He grunted. His guard was still up so I couldn't punch him anywhere else. He took a step back and glared at me. I do not think that was a normal "I'm going to beat you" glare. It was more of like a "I'm going to fucking make you regret that" glare.

He threw two punches at me, I dodged the first one but the second one collided with the side of my head. I let out a hiss and went for a throw at him, but I missed. I threw another but he missed again. And another, and another, and another. Fuck, this guy dodged too much.

He took note of my reaction to him and he smirked. I could see that cocky plan written all over his face. He was planning to sneak up on me, thinking I wouldn't know. I'd just pretend, no fucking worries.

I threw another punch at him, hitting his elbow. He grunted and threw a punch at me, hitting me in the jaw. His aim was good, but he wasn't going to get to me. Fuck no. I really wanted to punch him in the liver.

"Doll, you seem to be thinking an awful lot? You need a little break?" He used that stupid soothing voice of his but in a mockingly way.

I scoffed and threw a punch at his shoulder, earning a hiss from him. "I don't think you're focusing on the right thing, Channie." I teased, sending another punch to his gut.

Lord, he looked real angry now. He didn't do anything, and I knew he was planning something. But fuck it, I wanted to beat him up already. I started to punch at him repeatedly, cornering him finally. And then it happened.

He snuck up on me like a fucking snake. That was supposed to be what I did. He stole my job!

His knee went under my leg, making me lose balance. And that's when he threw the hardest punch I've ever witnessed, right into my jaw. I fell backwards, the crowd gasping. I felt blood pool up in my mouth and spat it out. I lifted my head to glare at him and he gave me the most cocky, narcissistic, air-filled, dunderheadeded, smug grin ever. And I had enough.

I got up and charged at him, throwing him a strong punch to the nose, then a jab to the liver, and then another to the jaw, knocking him backwards. His nose was bleeding and he groaned, holding the right side of his ribcage where I jabbed him. I took the shot and gave him one last final punch right in the forehead, knocking him the fuck out.

The crowd cheered, and I won. Glad we didn't have multiple rounds this time. But I knocked him out. That wasn't good.

"Y/n! You won, you won, you won!" Cory came up to me, jumping around and hugging me. I laughed, and hugged him back before pulling away. I looked down at Chan's unconscious body. "I should probably take him to the infirmary." Cory nodded and helped me carry Chan to the infirmary down the hall.

"Fuck, he's out cold." Cory said, feeling Chan's forehead. I sat down next to the bed, staring at the son of a bitch's face. But I wasn't that angry at him anymore. I kind of felt bad for knocking him out so hard. I might've even broken his nose.

"I'll go get the nurse." Cory said, leaving the room. I took a deep breath and waited for him to return with a nurse.

When the nurse came, he checked up on Chan and called someone on his phone. Not sure who. Maybe someone that could take Chan away? A gang member? I don't know why I care actually.

"He'll be fine, but you did fracture his nose a bit. He might want money from you, so I suggest you stay here for when he wakes up. Someone will come to pick him up in a while."

I nodded. When the nurse left, I stood up. I wasn't going to stay with some dumb fucking mafia leader. What if he kills me?

I left the room, leaving his unconscious body all alone.

ೃ⁀➷