Chapter 16: Perfect Dress

August 17th, 8:30am

August 17th, 8:30am

I woke up early since my dressing appointment was at 9. I took a shower and came out of the bathroom after getting dressed to see Chan awake. He was asleep just a while ago. "Why're you awake?"

He sat up and took out his wallet, holding it out to me. I sat down next to him on the bed. "I'm not taking your wallet. I can pay for my own dress."

He shoved the wallet into my hand. "Too bad, I'm not giving you a choice." I furrowed my eyebrows at him and gave me a stern look, not backing down on paying for me. I sighed and put the wallet in my pocket. "Alright. What's the budget?"

Chan shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever the price of the dress you pick is, I'm fine with it. Just buy what you need."

I raised an eyebrow at him. No budget? Does this guy have all the money in the world or something?

"I really don't care about how expensive it is. Just get what's perfect for you, alright?"

I get he wants me to get something I really like, but I'm pretty indecisive. Without a budget, it'll be hard for me to get a dress with too many price options. I'll have to deal with it for now though, I guess.

"Who're you going with anyway?" Chan crossed his arms over his chest after sneezing. I stood up from the bed.

"I'm taking Hyunjin with me. He has the best taste anyway." I didn't want to take Lily with me since I wanted to surprise her on the day of the wedding. I'd feel better if she saw it on me for the first time on that day.

Chan looked at me in an offended way. "Hey, you only wear black." I poked his forehead and he grabbed my hand. Jeez, man's grip was strong.

"Careful outside though. Hyunjin isn't really the strongest here, no offense to him obviously. He's just more experienced in using weapons."

I know that already, does he think I'm dumb? "I already got two bodyguards to go with us, no worries." He nodded and let go of my hand.

"I'll go now then. Seungmin will give you your food and medicine." I patted Chan's head and left the room, closing the door behind me.

- ,,

Hyunjin and I got to the appointment on time. There was a lady named Jas to help me with picking out dresses and putting them on.

"Hey, Y/n?"

I nodded and she shook my hand, giving me a really pretty smile. She obviously has good taste by the way she's dressed and how she has her hair done so I'm putting my trust into her when picking out dresses.

"Who did you bring with you?" I pointed to Hyunjin who was standing behind me, looking around the store. "My fiancee's friend."

She smiled and lead Hyunjin and I to a fitting area.