Chapter 38: The Truth

October 30th, 02:09am

Loud knocking on the door interrupts me. I was just starting to rest my eyes after rustling around in bed hopelessly.

"Christopher! He's awake!" Changbin says through the door, encouraging me to get up and out of the room.

"Stop yapping, I'm coming out!" I groan softly as I stretch my arms out before sitting up. I pull the covers over Y/N's shoulders after slipping out from beside her. My feet slip into my white comfy slippers and I head toward the door, pulling a black muscle shirt on and grabbing my Glock 34.

After opening the door, Changbin and I tread down the stairs quickly. We reach the interrogation room and one of the bodyguards open the door to let us in.

Viper is still a bit dazy, but he's looking straight at us. He looks clearly confused. "Where am I?"

"Our headquarters of course. Where else?

I walk towards him with a natural air of dominance surrounding me. My steps are heavy against the cement floor. I press my gun against his neck, under his chin, and lift his head up so he can meet my gaze.

"Tell me. Why did you release the virus?"

"What? Release the virus? I didn't do that." He looks extremely defensive now.

"If you didn't do it, who did?" I narrow my eyes at him, sliding my gun further up the side of his jawline.

His teeth grit, not anticipating getting hurt like this. "It was the fucking group you decided to ally with when they're the ones you should be against."

What? RRS? This definitely hightens my suspicions about them. "Go on. Tell me more." I pull my gun away from him.

"Why do you think RRS created a virus in the first place? To do the worst. The only reason we wanted to grab that virus away from RRS was to prevent the apocalypse. But guess what? Once we got it and tried to get rid of it completely, they stole it back and released it into the world."

"Why were you so against us then?"

"Obviously because you were siding with those big fat jerks."

I huff. "Alright. Why would they release the virus now though? Were they not waiting? It doesn't make sense."

"I'm not sure why they released it now. They've definitely made a mistake now though. My team and I have been trying to stop Shelton for years. His evil fucking brain finally got his grip on you and your girlfriend and he took advantage of that."

I turn my head to look at Changbin. He gives me a tight lipped nod. I turn back to Viper. "Help us."

Viper spits onto the floor before looking up at us in surprise. Ew. "What?"

"Help us defeat RRS and stop this virus from spreading any further in South Korea, or the rest of the world. We've always viewed you as the opponent, but now that I know, we can be allies. We can stop this. And please don't spit on my damn floor."

One of the bodyguards comes forward and wipes the saliva off the floor with a tissue before tossing it into the trash.

Virus looks me up and down suspiciously. Of course he's wary of me. I was working with the wrong people this entire time.

I sigh and rake my fingers through my hair. "I have a fiancé who's pregnant with my child. Do you think I'd risk anything that would harm my family, including my guys?" I give him an obvious look with raise eyebrows.

Virus shakes his head before speaking with his same deep, raspy voice. "Alright. You've got my word."

"Good. You'll stay here for the rest of the night. Then we'll let you go." I turn to leave before stopping and turning back to him. "By the way, what do you last remember?"

Virus shrugs. "I was just sitting in my office and then... This smoke appeared around me."

"You've got gassed then. Alright, got it. I'll make sure Seungmin checks up on your health and see if it affected your health in any way. Goodnight."

I leave the room, the bodyguards saluting me as I walk down the hallway to leave upstairs.

A new ally, a new beginning. Let's hope we can fuck Shelton up in the end.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

Heyy, I might post more often but it'll most likely be shorter chapters! I think this'll be easier for me to post a lot more that way, I'll have more time for a short chapter than a long chapter. And it'll be easier for you guys to read. :]

ೃ⁀➷