Chapter 40: Progress Further P1

November 6th, 4:00pm

We've been planning with TMT for the past week. It's been going quite well, and we've been trying to figure out how to get Shelton to come back to South Korea so we can make him confess. It would take a lot to convince him, so we devise a fake issue that he'd need to clear up here.

Viper burns his cigarette onto the ash try, putting it out. "You know what to say, right?"

I nod my head, fixing the collar of my white dress shirt. "I call 'em, tell Shelton that there's been a zombie attack at the mansion and that we need to retreat to a safer place. He'd come here with backup definitely, but he'll try to escort us out to Australia. Before he can even get the chance to do that..."

"...we fuck him and his minions up." Viper snickers.

I slap his hand with a high five and head towards the basement door that led out.

"I'll be going then. Stay safe, can't risk a loss with you."

"Sure, Christopher. You too."

I flash him one more smirk before leaving. My bodyguards including Changbin and Han, and Lee Know wait outside the basement for me. I whistle and walk ahead, their cue to follow me out of the TMT headquarters. I grab my gun and pull the strap over my shoulder.

As we leave the headquarters, we're met with a crowd of zombies in the shady forest. I'm careful to not make too much noise. It's broad daylight so they'd still be able to see at least a little bit, their vision blurred. The others follow me, guarding at my sides, fronts, and behind me.

We move together, careful of any crepitation made with the leaves on the grassy grounds. But, a twig snaps in the direction of Minho. I shoot Minho a glare for making such a loud noise.

Now the quick footsteps approach us and we're on guard quickly. We're quick to act, raising our guns up in preparation as the zombies run after us. I shoot at a zombie coming right after, blowing it right in the head. No sound from it except one or two wheezy chokes. That's all the sound a zombie can make with it's airways.

The others blow at different zombies at all sides around us. The battle against these vile creatures that were once human. They keep gaining on us as we try to move away from the area in an attempt to get closer to our van so we can escape the situation.

As I almost make it to the van with the others, I hear a loud yelp behind me. I turn around and see Han tackled down to the ground on his back trying to fight off the zombie on top of him with his arms.

"Shit, Jisung!" I rush after him with Changbin, gesturing for Minho and the bodyguards to head to the van and keep blowing off zombies.

Han's muscles strain tightly, his veins bulging all over his hands and arms as he uses all his force to try and push the heavy and insanely strong inhumane creature off.