Chapter 5: Rooftop

The place where I boxed was a pretty big building

The place where I boxed was a pretty big building. It had a company on top; the boxing and training grounds were on the lower floors and in the basement which was pretty large. I already got my cash that I had won after leaving the infirmary and decided to head up to the rooftop.

I took the stairs all the way up past those twenty-something floors. I opened the big metal door and was greeted with a cold and refreshing breeze. There was a clear night sky and I was finally under the stars.

I loved coming up to rooftops, especially this one after a match. I walked towards the edge and sat down, enjoying the refreshing cold air. The sky was lit up with a bunch of stars and a bright full moon. It was beautiful, barely any clouds. Summer was usually rainy season here, so it was nice to see the sky clear.

I'd let out a deep sigh and thought about what happened during the match. Chan. I was apart of his plan? What did he want from me? Why me specifically? He's a gang leader, what would he ever need from me?

I've never been involved with gangs before. But... I know my parents have. I know they were apart of a gang before and ran away from Australia along with Lily's parents to finally leave the gang. Lily's parents weren't involved in the gang shit though. But of course you can't just leave a gang that easily. My dad was an important member, at least that's what I know.

I'd sigh once more, looking back up at the moon. My head was filled with thoughts, but I needed to block them out. At least for now. I needed to relax. It's been a long day after all.

For a long while, all I felt was peace. The atmosphere was perfect, the tempurature was chilly though. I was starting to shiver actually. "I should've worn a jacket..." I chuckled to myself.

I heard the door open behind me. I was confused but I didn't look. No one usually came to the rooftop besides me. Maybe it was just someone that needed some air too.

"Hey, doll." That's when I went stiff, hearing that soft Australian accented voice again. Shit. What does he want from me, damnit?

I didn't look at him, I just kept looking forward at the large city view.

"Didn't expect to see me here?" He continued to speak, walking up to me. He sat down next to me, his legs criss-crossed. I lifted my legs and held my knees up against my chest.

"What do you want?" I asked with a cold tone. I did not want to talk to this fucker at all. "What? I want money of course. You fractured my nose." He chuckled, looking at the scenery in front of us.

I took a deep breath. "Do you want it in cash?"

He raised his eyebrows, looking at me with a curious expression on his face. I still wouldn't look at him. I couldn't. I bruised up his face a bit badly, I'd feel bad even though I dislike him. "If you prefer cash, then sure."

I nodded and pulled out my wad of cash from my pocket that I won earlier. "Just take it all." I handed him the wad of cash.

"I can't take all of this. You won all of it."

I scoffed and finally turned my head to look at him. "Why do you care? Just take the damn money. I can always get other gigs."

He smiled softly and let out a chuckle, shaking his head. I raised an eyebrow, wondering about what he was finding so amusing. "Just because I'm a bit ruthless and part of a gang doesn't mean I'm going to take away money that someone earned fair and square." I rolled my eyes, looking back at the scenery.

He handed me back most of the money and only took a little. I guess that was fair. I put the cash away back in my pocket. He let out a sigh, leaning backwards on his elbows, his legs stretching out in front of him now. "It's nice here, huh? Being under the stars and all."

I didn't want to talk to him but I also didn't want to leave just yet. This was one of my favorite places after all. I can't let a dunderhead ruin it for me. I just simply nodded, stretching my legs out in front of me as well.

"Do you come up here often?" He asked me, his voice softer this time. "Usually after a match, yeah." I replied, my voice softer as well. I don't always need to be so worked up when I'm around someone I don't like. Right? Sportsmanship.

He nodded acknowledgingly. I could tell he was looking at me. A cold breeze hit the both of us, making me shiver.

I felt something get wrapped around my shoulders. A jacket.

"That should help." Chan said, sitting straight up now. He wasn't smiling or anything, he just looked emotionless. But he also looked genuine, staring at the scenery in front of us. I couldn't trust him though, it's probably a trap or something. He's part of a gang after all. What if he kidnaps me? I'd sigh heavily.

"What do you want from me exactly?" I finally asked, looking at him yet again. His eyes met mine, his large dark brown pools of rich soil mesmerizing me.

"You'll find out soon enough. I won't be able to tell you just yet, otherwise the plan would get ruined." He explained before looking forward at the city sight again. The plan, what's the plan?

"What plan are you talking about?" I'd raise an eyebrow at him, curious as to what the plan had to do with me. He stretched his arms over his head, letting out a yawn. "Don't worry about it. Just know you're involved."

That wasn't a good enough answer. I need to know more. "Why're you here though? You couldn't have figured out something else for this plan?"

He shrugged in response, his gaze returning to me once again. "I came here to test you. I needed information out of you. Like I said, you'll find out soon enough. You don't need to ask all these questions." He stood up, brushing the dust and dirt off of his hands.

"Whatever happens, happens. Don't worry about it, doll. Or Y/n." He gave me a mischievous but also smug grin before heading towards the door. "See you." And he left, leaving me dumfounded just like that night at the club. What did I get myself into?

ೃ⁀➷

Under The Stars | Bang Chan FanficOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara