Chapter 31: Skills Put to The Test

September 23rd, 11:45am

The wind blows coldly as I get out of the car at the location, the autumn weather not being so peaceful as it usually is.

The address I arrive at is a dark forest. Of course it is. Of course they want to trap me in a fucking spooky ass horror movie themed forest.

I huff and make sure I have all my gear and weapons on me. I had tried calling the other members while I was in the car but they hadn't answered, so clearly I'm on my own here.

I walk into the woods confidently.

Confidently nervous.

The hooting from owls and the crepitation of leaves keeps me looking around like I'm going to get jumped in the face by a creepy lizard.

After walking for about a half an hour, I arrive at the abandoned look warehouse. It was quite large, a reasonable place to keep a mafia member hostage.

I spot a gasoline tank near the gate outside of the warehouse and grab it, putting it down behind a bush and hiding it. It'll come in handy later if I need it.

I stop in front of the large gated entrance of the warehouse, taking a deep breath before knocking on the metal doors three times.

I could hear the same man from the call coughing and hacking like he's been not only smoking for 30 years but also chewing tobacco for another 20 years.

He opens the door, a loud metal creak echoing through the woods. I look up to see him, but I couldn't. Then I heard a whistle from down below and tilted my head a bit lower.

"Christ, you're a midget- oops." I said that out loud. He sighed like he gets that comment a lot and just steps aside to let me in.

As I walk a few steps into the warehouse, he shuts the gate behind me almost immediately before two big scary looking guys who came out of nowhere locked the gate.

I look down at the midget man. "Where is he, troll man?"

The midget man's teeth grind at my insult towards his height. "Come." He leads the way to a door in the back of the warehouse, guarded by two other scary big buff men.

I guess he hasn't noticed that I had weapons with me, just letting me enter without dropping my weapons or something.

As he opens the door, my eyes fall onto Chan. He's on the ground, beaten up, grunting as he gets another kick to the stomach.

I wince slightly at the sight of him being hurt like this, but I keep my mouth shut and my eyes stern, just like Minho trained me for hostage situations like these.

"Alright..." The midget man holds off the men who were beating up and gestures for me to stand at his side. I comply and step forward in place. "You like this guy, don't ya?"