Chapter 18: Improvement

August 20th, 1:10pm

August 20th, 1:10pm

I blinked open my eyes slowly, waking up to see Chan still sleeping peacefully. He looked kind of cute with his curly hair spread all over his forehead. It was still pretty dark in the basement, but I could still see as much as I needed to.

I rolled onto my back and Chan stirred slightly. I raised an eyebrow, looking back at him. He opened his eyes tiredly and looked at me. "Morning." He said, his voice croaky.

I nodded in response. I'm not really a morning person, I don't like talking in the morning as much.

Chan yawned widely and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in close to him. What is he doing? I told him not to be too touchy until we get married. But nah, this man can't wait.

"Sorry, habit of mine. Can't help but hug people." He said like he read my mind. He closed his eyes and hugged me tightly, letting out a content sigh.

Am I really going to get used to this? I am NOT a hugger either. Unless it's with Lily, of course.

"What time is it?" Chan asked tiredly before yawning again. He seemed extra tired, but I'm just hoping he won't sneeze on me from being sick for the past few days. "It's noon already I think."

"I'll just sleep a bit more. You sleep with me too, no protesting."

I sighed and just went along with it. He'll be my husband soon anyway, I should get used to it. Right? Maybe? I'm just not used to hugging anymore, it makes me feel weird now. But you know what? I'll try my best to improve on myself.

Chan rolled onto his back and I rested my head on his chest, making him chuckle slightly. He wrapped and arm around me and pulled the blanket further over us. "Am I warming up to you yet?" He teased, I could tell he was smiling.

"Go to sleep, old man." I pull away and closed my eyes.

"Old woman." He scoffed and let out a yawn before pulling me back closer to him. He finally started drifting off to sleep again, and eventually, I fell asleep too.

- ,,

"Chaaaan!!!" Lee Know shouted, running down the stairs. I groaned, rubbing my eyes. Chan opened his eyes and looked over at Lee Know. "What?"

I looked at Lee Know sleepily, his eyes were shifting between Chan and I. "I got you a meeting with RRS in the next two days."

Chan nodded and waved his hand, shooing Lee Know away. Lee Know complied and went back upstairs. Chan pulled me back into his embrace tightly. Still not getting used to this.

"Y/n." I hummed, looking up at him. "I want you to go grocery shopping with Seungmin and Changbin. We'll need a lot of food and they'll obviously need some extra hands."

I nodded my head and he smiled, stroking my hair gently. "Are you okay with this? Being close to you and stuff, I mean." I nodded my head, but I wasn't really okay with this.