Chapter 36: And The Hare

October 18th, 6:23pm

"Chan! Joy! Get in here!" Lee Know shouted from downstairs

Chan helps me off the bed before we start to rush downstairs. Upon entering the living room, we see the news is streaming on the television. What the...

My fiancé grips my shoulders as we all watch the news with horrified and concerned expressions.

"It's been reported that an outbreak of a dangerous virus has occured. The virus has already reached Seoul and is now rapidly catching onto other victims. Symptoms of this virus are those similar to a zombie virus. The urge to infect, eat flesh, attack; you will also experience blindness and your body deforming. Leading into the symptoms are mood swings and extreme anxiousness. If you experience any of this and do believe you're infected, please contact the police, firefighters, or any other emergency hotline. Stay saf- AHHH! HELP! HELP!"

---

I stand there, shocked and worried about what's going to come next. I really thought this'll be a thing that only stayed in movies.

"The fuck are we going to do!?" Lee Know shot up, pacing around the living room.

Han was on the verge of knocking out into a deep nap but he still managed to look worried. "Man..."

"My pretty face can't be marred by an apocalypse!" Hyunjin weeps dramatically.

"All of you shut up and sit down!" Chan yells. Everyone obeys and sits down quickly. Then he sits down on the couch and pulls me to sit on top of his lap, holding me close as he thinks of how to deal with this situation and what to say.

"We'll have to isolate in this building. But of course we need to stop this virus from spreading any further..." His gaze lowers to me. "But Y/N will be staying here the entire time."

I press my lips into a thin line. Of course I have to stay. He won't risk me getting infected or hurt while I'm pregnant even if I want to help stop this unbelievable apocalypse. "What if-"

"No ifs, Y/N. Let's stock up on food now, boys. We have no time to waste. Get to the stores."

The guys all get up and rush towards the hall to head to the gear room before getting out of the house to get supplies and plenty of food.

I stay on Chan's lap, rethinking my life choices. My head leans against his shoulder, and eventually his hand comforts me by rubbing up and down my arm.

"It'll be okay. Don't worry, alright? You'll be fine. We'll all be fine. We can do this. We were made to deal with this type of situation even if it isn't ideal."

I nod my head slowly. "How are you guys going to stop the spread?"

He bites his lower lip as he thinks thoroughly. "Well, we'll have to gather our allies obviously. And I hate to admit it, but we'll need RRS too."

"I still don't get why RRS made such a virus."

"I know, it's weird. Super weird. What was the intention? But it is what it is. We'll have to seek out TMT's headquarters, probably the place I was held hostage at. We'll kidnap the leader or something and make him tell us all his plans."

"You think that'll give us all the answers?"

"Why wouldn't it?"

"What if we find out something we shouldn't have known?"

"What are you suggesting, Y/N?"

"I don't trust RRS. Why create an alliance with this gang? I feel like they're using us. They're obviously hiding something."

Chan furrows his eyebrows before his expression softens again and he leans down to kiss my forehead. "Don't worry about it for now. We'll figure it out soon. Just don't stress, please."

"Okay, I'll try not to." I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek.

He smiles and returns the kiss to my cheek.

- ,,

Over the next few days, Stray Kids were careful to avoid getting infected while getting as many supplies and food as possible. They even brang Lily over to live with us so I wouldn't have to worry about her. But now I have to be careful whenever walking around the house because Felix and her are bound to get freaky some place random again. I seriously don't get how they don't get embarrassed. But it's whatever, I don't kink shame unless they cross the line.

Stray Kids' bodyguards all had to stay in the spare unit home right next to the mansion and also in some guest rooms of the mansion. They would take turns keeping guard of perimeter, and at least two of them would watch over Lily and I along with one of the guys in SKZ whenever the rest of the group was out on a task.

Felix has already been trying to create gadgets that would allow us to stay well in contact with the group while they're out for tasks and missions. He's also been working with Hyunjin, Han, and Changbin to create new weapons.

Seungmin has been waiting to get a sample of the zombie virus somehow so he can make an antidote. He said that if he's able to create an antidote and it works, he can multiply it and create lots so the affects of the zombie virus can be reversed for every victim. Or at least most victims.

- ,,

October 27th

It's been 6 weeks into my pregnancy and I'm already getting the weirdest cravings.

I sit on the couch and eat pickles with chocolate ice cream while watching one of the new kdramas that came out. It was about a dark knight that fell for a princess from a rival kingdom. It's a pretty good kdrama, I recommend.
(Joy's note: I made it up. 😞)

Chan sees me and lets out an audibly horrified gasp. "Why are you eating that???"

"It's yummy." I shrug. I hold out and spoonful to him. "Try!"

He gives me a disgusted and hesitant look before leaning forward and taking a bite. His face went through a series of confused expressions before he swallowed.

"Not bad."

I grin at him actually liking it. He smiles and kisses my cheek. "You're absolutely adorable."

"No I'm not."

"Yeah you are~"

"Nuh uh!"

"What are you eating!?" Hyunjin comes into the living room and looks horrified just like Chan did.

Here we go again.

ೃ⁀➷