Chapter 35: The Tortoise?

October 3rd, 11:45pm

"It came out...positive."

"What!? Really!" Chan grins widely and instantly grabs me, holding me up in the air and spinning me around. "We're going to have an adorable baby!"

I laugh and hold onto him tightly so I don't fall. "You're this excited??"

He laughs awkwardly and sets me down but keeps me close in his arms. His eyes are set on mine now, warmth filling them.

"Well... It's going to affect us and our plans, but I think we can figure something out. But besides that, I've always wanted to have children of my own. I know I'm not that ready but if it's with you, I'll give it my all."

I smile nervously and nod. "Okay, I guess it's not too big of a deal..."

"Are you not happy?"

I quickly shake my head. "Of course I'm happy! I'm just... I didn't expect to be pregnant so young? Especially before we're even getting married. And won't this affect my training?"

Chan sighs and smiles softly before cupping my cheeks with his large hands. "You'll be fine. We'll discuss it with RRS and see if we can delay your leadership. But we'll still have to train you, just not harshly; in case we have to fight TMT at any moment."

My face leans into his hands as I sigh as well. "I'm glad I've got you to help me out."

"Of course, babe. I love you."

My lips puff out into a pout. I adore him so much, especially when those three words leave his pretty lips.

"I love you too."

I give him a tiny peck on the lips and he giggles shyly.

- ,,

October 10th, 6:23am

I'm awoken when I hear Chan cursing and muttering under his breath as he pulls on clothes. I'm confused and sit up slowly.

"Chan?"

He turns around. "Go back to sleep, baby. I have to take care of something."

"What is it?" I reach my arms out for him, not wanting him to leave just yet.

He wraps his arms around me reluctantly and picks me up. I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, looking up at him with curiosity. What's got him up this early? And why is he so pissed?

"Uhm... How do I put this? TMT..."

"What?"

"They've got the virus."

"What!?" I almost fall out of his arms but he holds onto me tight.

"I'm going to go to RRS to see if we can figure something out. We're not sure if they've spread it yet or not. It seems like they've mutated though."